Good samaritan chases Phuket gold thief

webfact

Good samaritan chases Phuket gold thief
Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- A Phuket local pursued a snatch thief attempting to flee the scene of the crime for three kilometers before the thief crashed his motorbike today.

Supachai Mattanang, 20, witnessed the the man rip a gold necklace, worth about 20,000 baht, off the neck of a Myanmar national near the Down Town Market before fleeing the scene on his motorbike.

“The man lost control on a curve, hit a parked motorcycle and fell off of his bike,” Mr Sapuchai told police. “I jumped off my bike and tried to grab him, but he ran away into the trees. I called the police and they were able to arrest him.”

Phuket City Police were able to quickly apprehend Sarawut Nitapai, 20, who was found in possession of the gold necklace.

“Mr Sarawut confessed to the theft, claiming that he needed money for his son’s hospital bills. We checked his criminal record and found that he had just been released from prison in April for the same thing,” said Capt Wetchasak Juladung of the Phuket City Police.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Good-samaritan-chases-Phuket-gold-thief/62229?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2015-10-28

“Mr Sarawut confessed to the theft, claiming that he needed money for his son’s hospital bills"

Criminals and re offenders always has the best sob stories in the world, but in realty, they're nothing but

a bunch of lazy, no good low life.....