Recommend Airline

FRIDAYMe

You really didn't provide enough information to get an accurate response. You are flying from BKK to Tokyo? Bringing bags? Try searching on Skyscanner.com and narrow down from there.

The poster above recommended Air Asia, but I would not unless it is extremely cheap. And I have also found that the cheap tickets are often not convenient for travel (coming back late at night for example) Once you add bags into the cost it is sometimes the same price or more.

I just did a search and it was 400 on Air Asia, and 462 on Cathay Pacific which is a really nice airline.

We used Air Asia and were happy with them.

You can get tickets for 4,000 - 5,000 Baht (one way).

You really didn't provide enough information to get an accurate response. You are flying from BKK to Tokyo? Bringing bags? Try searching on Skyscanner.com and narrow down from there.

The poster above recommended Air Asia, but I would not unless it is extremely cheap. And I have also found that the cheap tickets are often not convenient for travel (coming back late at night for example) Once you add bags into the cost it is sometimes the same price or more.

I just did a search and it was 400 on Air Asia, and 462 on Cathay Pacific which is a really nice airline.

Thank you for both reply

I found aisasia need to transit at Malaysia first so not that convenience may be I can find a better one.

I want to go to tokyo and osaka so both airport are fine to me and yes I need to bring luggage. I can't find cheap flight at Cathay Pacific.

Thank you for both reply

I found aisasia need to transit at Malaysia first so not that convenience may be I can find a better one.

I want to go to tokyo and osaka so both airport are fine to me and yes I need to bring luggage. I can't find cheap flight at Cathay Pacific.

Air Asia has one direct flight a day to Osaka at 15:20 and two to Tokyo (Narita) at 10:45 and 23:45.

Edited by lj cm

Thank you for both reply

try skyscanner.com to search

There are reasons for cheap flights - and one of them is inconvenient arrival times. You might save money on the flight but then find a late arrival into Osaka (for instance) means that you're stranded at the airport or its immediate vicinity for the night, or you have a very expensive transfer.

Having said that, Jetstar has cheap flights between Bangkok and Fukuoka. Worth considering if you're going to buy a Japan railpass for your visit. They have a convenient arrival time in Fukuoka (around 9am) and a somewhat less convenient departure time from BKK of 2 am (so save on your first night's accommodation). They're a low cost carrier and the flight is on an A320 with tight leg-room, so a seat in an emergency row can be worth the extra fees.

Legacy airlines like Cathay aren't all that much better for comfort than some of the low cost carriers, in my opinion. Cathay has restricted leg-room and seats with generous recline - agony if you're a tall westerner sitting behind someone with the seat right back. And most of the seats with leg-room are kept for Cathay frequent flyers, not people flying on the cheapest fare.

The real advantages of legacy airlines, in my opinion, is that they tend to be safer, and they're less likely to leave you high and dry if a plane goes unserviceable.