Home Icon for Elderly

skippybangkok

Hi,

Have given my elderly mother a neutered iPhone ( home screen only has a few essential Icons/Apps i.e. message, phone etc). Works fine, can for there first time can FaceTime video her, which is a treat for someone living overseas. Can also (with her approval ) track her, so can advise her is she gets lost.

Question.... she kinda got lost in her car the other day..... and i am looking to make a simple Icon "Home", she can press, and it will open Google Maps with her home predefined. Then all she has to do is press " start" and it will help guide her. ( keeping it simple )

Code is....

13.1,100.1&directionsmode=driving

Problem is - how to make a icon on home screen. I know normal URL, after enter in safari, can save on home page. But when enter this into iPhone safari, it got to google maps, but can't save it as an icon on home screen

Thanks.

While I can't help with the actual button, but....did you search the App Store for a "get me home" app? Just did a search and there was a lite version of an app that possibly is just what you are looking for.

Just like visiting the Dr..... symptom disappears when visiting. Was looking for a few days.... and then just stumbled on the App ( i used years back, thought it was removed )

Its called

Touch Icon Creator .... and its free.

If you can make iPhones simple, they are marvellous for kids of the elderly. Helps keep in touch and in track of them. ( reverse of when we were kids now )