Divorce and Non-O visa that I got in Embassy

ssergione

Hello everyone!

I got 1-year multiple visa in Malaysia embassy ( not 1 year extension stamp from immigration ) based on marriage with thai woman.

The question: if I will divorce with my wife what will happens with this visa. It will be canceled or I can use this will till the expired date?

Thank you.

The visa will be still valid as normal (up till the Enter Before date) unlike an Extension of Stay which will give you 7 days to leave the country.

They do not give you 7 days. You have to leave when the divorce is finally or your an overstayer subject to a 500 baht per day fine up to 20,000 baht. You can ask for an receive a 7 day extension for 1900 baht. This info is for a marriage extension only.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Am I reading this right?

I have a fairly recent multi non O issued from London valid until next October.I have to leave the country every 90 days. If I am divorced at the Amphur my lovely wife tells me I have to leave Thailand as my visa is cancelled with our marriage. She has been holding this over me for a while now.

If I'm reading this thread right my visa is indeed not cancelled and is still valid until next October or March 2017 with an extension?

Please can anybody clarify this?

Cheers, all the best.

Edited by ukmark67

Hi all

Am I reading this right?

I have a fairly recent multi non O issued from London valid until next October.I have to leave the country every 90 days. If I am divorced at the Amphur my lovely wife tells me I have to leave Thailand as my visa is cancelled with our marriage. She has been holding this over me for a while now.

If I'm reading this thread right my visa is indeed not cancelled and is still valid until next October or March 2017 with an extension?

Please can anybody clarify this?

Cheers, all the best.

None O M entries are still valid even if you have a divorce. If you have an extension due to marriage then your extension will be cancelled.

The amphur cannot cancel your visa. Neither can immigration. This is because visas are issued by a completely different ministry which neither the amphur or immigration are part of.

Your wife possibly does not know the difference between a visa and an extension of stay.

Edited by blackcab

The amphur cannot cancel your visa. Neither can immigration. This is because visas are issued by a completely different ministry which neither the amphur or immigration are part of.

Your wife possibly does not know the difference between a visa and an extension of stay.

A lot of people on TVF also seem to get that confused. The difference between a visa, permission to stay stamp, and extension of [permission to] stay. This same thread also described a similar problem as the OP if you scroll up to the top; non-imm visa with 90 days max stay per entry vs 1 year extension of stay.

But the visa itself is still valid until it expires. But you'll need to look at alternative reasons for getting a new visa if you are no longer married.

Edited by 4evermaat