Police volunteer does Phuket proud in ‘return of the ring’

webfact

Police volunteer does Phuket proud in ‘return of the ring’
The Phuket News

1448525951_1-org.jpg
Marco and Paow, now married for eight years, were on their first holiday to Phuket.

PHUKET: --A 14-carat gold wedding ring lost in the sea in Patong on December 21 last year has officially been handed back to its rightful owner after a Royal Thai Police Region 8 volunteer found the ring back in January this year.

Police volunteer Chris McLaren had in fact mailed the ring to the rightful owner, Dutch national Marco Meinsma, shortly after he found it. However, Phuket Police wanted to “officially” hand back the ring to Mr Meinsa when he recently visited the island with his wife Pleoamchit “Paow” Choaiarom.

Marco and Paow, though married eight years now after meeting in Holland, were on their first holiday in Phuket.

“I have been to Thailand about 14 times already, but this was our first time to Phuket. We thought it was about time to check out the beaches and the other areas such as Phang Nga and Krabi,” Marco told The Phuket News on Wednesday (Nov 25), calling from Paow’s hometown in Sapphaya District in the Central Thailand province of Chai Nat.

Marco, from Oudenbosch in Holland, near Belgium border, could vividly recall how he lost his wedding band.

“When I go swimming, I use a lot of sun lotion. This is probably one of the reasons the ring came off, and maybe it was a little too big,” he fessed.

Marco even actually saw it slip off his finger. His heart sank, as did the ring. “I dived for it, but all I could see was a cloud of sand. I kept looking for about half an hour, but I couldn’t find it,” he said.

He marched back up the sand to deliver the news to Paow. “Your first thought is that you will never see it again,” said Marco. “I remember thinking, ‘This is not going to be good’, but thankfully Paow understood what happened. She wasn’t happy, but she was okay.”

Marco then went directly to the Tourist Police Box on the beach at the end of Bangla Rd and reported the ring lost.

“After that I went back to the same place on the beach to look for it, and just when I arrived I saw Chris walking on the beach – walking side to side with a metal detector. I told him what had happened and where I had lost my ring, and we looked together for about two hours,” he recalled.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/police-volunteer-does-phuket-proud-in-return-of-the-ring-55134.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-11-26

In case honest ppl still exist and this Article is not a fake, then they are harder to find as a needle in a haystack.

Why the bit of "DoubtingThomas" in your post. Is there any need for negativity, just let's all have a good story day instead of the normal garbage dished up one here. (not by you) wai.gif

In case honest ppl still exist and this Article is not a fake, then they are harder to find as a needle in a haystack.

Why the bit of "DoubtingThomas" in your post. Is there any need for negativity, just let's all have a good story day instead of the normal garbage dished up one here. (not by you) wai.gif

It's just a result of long life experiences. I'm also tired of the worldwide manipulated press. Hiding 100 bad cases, while publishing on the other hand a maybe true positive story(Propaganda). Yes I'm like doubthing Thomas, but the life made me to this. I don't trust anybody, hardly myself. Carpe Diem. wai.gif

It's just a result of long life experiences. I'm also tired of the worldwide manipulated press. Hiding 100 bad cases, while publishing on the other hand a maybe true positive story(Propaganda). Yes I'm like doubthing Thomas, but the life made me to this. I don't trust anybody, hardly myself. Carpe Diem. wai.gif

At last a forthright and honest poster. I was starting to give up hope but it has been restored.

Edited : English only please

L.K. ( English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa)

Edited by LeungKen