Supreme Court rejects Yingluck's request to leave Thailand again

webfact

Supreme Court rejects Yingluck's request to leave kingdom again
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Supreme Court’s Criminal Division for Holders of Political Office Wednesday turned down request by former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra to leave the kingdom to visit Japan.

Yingluck sent her lawyer to seek permission from the court to take her son to visit Japan on an education field trip in the later part of this month.

The court decided that Yingluck did not have any emergency cause for leaving the country.

Yingluck is facing a trial of alleged negligence of duty related to the rice-pledging scheme.

Earlier this month, she asked the court for permission to leave the country to visit the European Parliament to exchange opinion on Thailand's situation as invited by some European parliamentarians but the court rejected her request.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Supreme-Court-rejects-Yinglucks-request-to-leave-k-30275043.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-16

I am not sure if Thailand would be better off if she stayed here, faced trial and if convicted sent to jail and be stripped of her worldly goods and loot as partial restitution.

If she were to leave and do a runner there would be one less catalyst (a major one) to incite violence, especially if she was convicted.

Well times change don't they. It is true though. She is a flight risk. But this should have been applied to dozens of people over the years

It's almost as if you want to suggest "reject is OK but why start with Ms. Yinlguck".

Well times change don't they. It is true though. She is a flight risk. But this should have been applied to dozens of people over the years

It's almost as if you want to suggest "reject is OK but why start with Ms. Yinlguck".

It's the tired old "Why pick on us : everybody does it" with the inference that it means they should be allowed to get away with it.

I don't care if it's persecution or not : if the person in the dock is guilty, they should be banged away for their crime whatever their shirt colour.

I would LOVE to see a complete risk of all the people who did a runner and what their political affiliation was. I'm assuming the majority are linked to Thaksin or one of his parties/businesses in some way as they seem to be the dirtiest lowlife of all - but I would be interested to know the numbers.

If she were to leave and do a runner there would be one less catalyst (a major one) to incite violence, especially if she was convicted.

she can do a runner ANY time. her brother has major connections in burma (and property) and the border is porous maak maak.

I'm certain that if she ever really wants to leave the country (and not return) that she has the means to do so....

Edited by tbthailand

Yingluck again denied leave to travel abroad
THE NATION

30275102-01_big.jpg
Yingluck

FORMER prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra has failed again to win court approval to leave the country

BANGKOK: -- Yingluck is standing trial for her role in her administration's controversial rice-pledging scheme and all defendants are required to remain in the country unless the court grants them permission to take a trip abroad.

The Supreme Court's Criminal Division on Political Office Holders, which is hearing her case, cited the lack of sufficient reasons to go overseas at this time, a source said yesterday.

Yingluck had sent her lawyers to ask for court permission to stay in Japan from December 15-25.

It was the second time in less than a month for the court to turn down Yingluck's application to travel abroad.

Early this month, she produced a letter of invitation from two members of the European Parliament to participate in a panel discussion on Thailand's current situation. However, the court turned down her request to travel to Europe, saying she could not demonstrate an urgent need for the court to make an exception for her.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Yingluck-again-denied-leave-to-travel-abroad-30275102.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-12-17

It's the tired old "Why pick on us : everybody does it" with the inference that it means they should be allowed to get away with it.

I don't care if it's persecution or not : if the person in the dock is guilty, they should be banged away for their crime whatever their shirt colour.

I would LOVE to see a complete risk of all the people who did a runner and what their political affiliation was. I'm assuming the majority are linked to Thaksin or one of his parties/businesses in some way as they seem to be the dirtiest lowlife of all - but I would be interested to know the numbers.

Good morning to you E/J and the few others above, Man you guy's have been missed, you have been conspicuously missing in action the last few days, now why is that??? because your hero's are making such bloody mess of it that it's impossible to spin anything for them??? but happy to see you have returned for your meager opportunity to have a crack at Yingluk/Thaksin/PTP,,,,,,,.

BTW what makes her such flight risk as compeered to lets say murderers, rapist's, human traffickers, etc ??? I mean she has been O/S before and returned much to the surprise of the few usual posters that loudly cried to the heavens that she will join her brother and not come back.

As for you comment E/J I would also "LOVE" to see a list of "who has done a runner", reckon your assumption may be as accurate as Suthep's account keeping.

Well if the courts are only allowing her to leave for an emergency then I guess her request to to go to Europe will get denied as well.

It already has been - and quite rightly so!! She's going nowhere, but to court to answer for her negligence of duty crimes or whatever the actual official charge is.

she can do a runner ANY time. her brother has major connections in burma (and property) and the border is porous maak maak.

Finally an intelligent post. Thank you. She knows exactly what she is doing. And she's staying because she knows her family still have enough clout here to change history if they bide their time.