English Speaking Doctor In Ubon

Bellatrix

I've had an irritating fever for a couple of days, want to go to the doctor but not sure where to go. I went to Ubonrac Hospital once and though the doctor spoke English, I wasn't happy at all with the service*, was wondering if there were any clinics worth going to, or if I just had a bad experience at Ubonrac.

*I had lots of infected sores on my feet, which he tried to tell me were an allergic rash, not sores, despite my telling him exactly how I got each one, and were not infected, despite the fact that after two weeks they hadn't scabbed and were weeping all over the place - finally he agreed to give me some antibacterial cream for them and they miraculously healed. The bill also had all sorts of over-priced bullsh*t charges on it for "medical supplies" etc when all they did was put some betadine on them.

I found the following hospital very good earlier this year for both my son who stayed there for one week with a chest infection (bronchitis) and myself when i had fluid on the knee infection. In both instances they were professional and got straight to the problem quickly with both GP's/Doctors & Consultants. Give them a try they are right next door to Big C easy to get to:

Rajavej Ubonratchathani Hospital

999 Chayangrul Road Muang Ubon Ratchathani UbonRatchaThani 34000 Muang UbonRatchaThani 34000 Thailand

Tel : 6645-280040

Fax : 6645-283894

We fix this one already and let me say if yoiu have problems in Ubon and medial, u can contact us,my wife is medical nurse and almost ready pharmasist(opnining soon), any kind of medical infection you might feel uncomfortable you can contact us,,my wife can advice you.

We will opening pharmasists for all foreigners soon in Ubon where you can get service in english with no hassle,

I found the following hospital very good earlier this year for both my son who stayed there for one week with a chest infection (bronchitis) and myself when i had fluid on the knee infection. In both instances they were professional and got straight to the problem quickly with both GP's/Doctors & Consultants. Give them a try they are right next door to Big C easy to get to:

Rajavej Ubonratchathani Hospital

999 Chayangrul Road Muang Ubon Ratchathani UbonRatchaThani 34000 Muang UbonRatchaThani 34000 Thailand

Tel : 6645-280040

Fax : 6645-283894

We fix this one already and let me say if yoiu have problems in Ubon and medial, u can contact us,my wife is medical nurse and almost ready pharmasist(opnining soon), any kind of medical infection you might feel uncomfortable you can contact us,,my wife can advice you.

We will opening pharmasists for all foreigners soon in Ubon where you can get service in english with no hassle,

Thats excellant news Marco. I know from past experience the difficulty in getting your message across to pharmasists about what medications you want. Your wife Bee has always been very helpful with my medical questions and I look forward to using your pharmacy in the future.

Hopefully I will be one of your first customers.

Good luck. :o

Thats excellant news Marco. I know from past experience the difficulty in getting your message across to pharmasists about what medications you want. Your wife Bee has always been very helpful with my medical questions and I look forward to using your pharmacy in the future.

Hopefully I will be one of your first customers.

Good luck. :D

Cheers Sezzo :o

Regarding the farmacy, that will be open after 1yr, so it's not yet in the "table", word soon was wrong choice of word, my apology, but until that we have to going like we do it so far,,

I know that sometimes it's really hard to get good service in here,, but with a bit of help and long "Fuse" we can make it up, it can be and it is bit harsh in some hospitals, and one should be aware that all of the hospital try to help but level of english is really low and same time we (Farangs) get frustrated and then whole thing collapse,, so take time and try to be patient and like i said we try to help if we can.

I can give you my own experience,,,

I have problem with my lower back as my spine is 1mm to the lef side twisted so i do have back pain and serious one abt 1time per year, i had bad one abt yr ago, i lost feeling from my left feet 3 toes, could not sit or drive car, i did not want to go hospital as i knew wht they going to do,, and they did after i give up and went there,, so i found my self in the streaching machine, tide up from waist down and hips up,,, 1,5H and machine pulling as hard it could as im not small guy, done that 3 day spend one night in the Ubon Rac hospital and finally they give up as there was no help,, So what next, one was thinking, still pain like hel_l,, so my wife told me to take thai (Normal) massage for back (previously i have never belived that it works) so went to spa and got one old lady to massage me, but before that my wife told her what was the problem,, and belive me or not ,, after 1hr i felt kind of funny cold feeling in my left feet and got feeling 2out of 3 toes,,,it was funny feeling and after that havent had any problem in my feet but of course my back give note time to time.

life is hard sometimes but with bit of the understanding we can make it work.( i think)