fat elvis is open

dave2

I had a Hamburger and fries, enjoyed both..nice bun...another day I had the hot wings, they are the best in Chiang Mai....

New opening will take awhile to catch on , have not been there at nite n understand it is doing good.

Think their menu will expand in the near future...I am sure it will be great...chorizo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely terrible place. I guess that their fries were OK but I made the mistake of ordering a burger cooked "medium well" and it came out completely gray, as dry as saw dust, and not very warm. It might not have been the worst burger that anyone in Thailand has ever cooked but it's got to be close. We feed our dog better food than that. Far better to go to Big Daddy's or Ugo's if in that part of town and hunkering for a burger.

Edited by suzannegoh

Absolutely terrible place. I guess that their fries were OK but I made the mistake of ordering a burger cooked "medium well" and it came out completely gray, as dry as saw dust, and not very warm. It might not have been the worst burger that I've had in Chiang Mai but we feed our dog better food than that. Far better to go to Big Daddy's or Ugo's if in that part of town and hunkering for a burger.

Were they showing "The Game"?

Absolutely terrible place. I guess that their fries were OK but I made the mistake of ordering a burger cooked "medium well" and it came out completely gray, as dry as saw dust, and not very warm. It might not have been the worst burger that I've had in Chiang Mai but we feed our dog better food than that. Far better to go to Big Daddy's or Ugo's if in that part of town and hunkering for a burger.

Were they showing "The Game"?

I have no reason to suspect that.

Absolutely terrible place. I guess that their fries were OK but I made the mistake of ordering a burger cooked "medium well" and it came out completely gray, as dry as saw dust, and not very warm. It might not have been the worst burger that anyone in Thailand has ever cooked but it's got to be close. We feed our dog better food than that. Far better to go to Big Daddy's or Ugo's if in that part of town and hunkering for a burger.

i have eaten there 3x's and the smokey jack burger has been the best burger i have had in CM. I also had the ribs and buffalo wings and they are awesome

I think you are slandering Fat Elvis for their Competitors.

Scan your receipt from your meal for proof you have been there?

i have eaten there 3x's and the smokey jack burger has been the best burger i have had in CM. I also had the ribs and buffalo wings and they are awesome

Who saves the receipt from eating at a burger joint? coffee1.gif

Who saves the receipt from eating at a burger joint? coffee1.gif

What? You don't get a recipe for your bar fine?cheesy.gif

I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries yesterday. Good burger, fries homemade and pretty good. Only complaint is they do not have vinegar for the fries which most Canadians and Brits prefer over mayonnaise. Suggest they add malt and cider vinegar to their menu.

Arrived around 5pm left shortly after 6pm - only 3 other customers in total ?

Doug

I must have lived in the wrong part of canada for 40 years i dont ever remember anyone wanting vinegar or mayonnaise for french fries, just ketchup but hey extra things are surely a good idea

I had a bacon cheeseburger with fries yesterday. Good burger, fries homemade and pretty good. Only complaint is they do not have vinegar for the fries which most Canadians and Brits prefer over mayonnaise. Suggest they add malt and cider vinegar to their menu.

Doug

I must have lived in the wrong part of canada for 40 years i dont ever remember anyone wanting vinegar or mayonnaise for french fries, just ketchup but hey extra things are surely a good idea

Its a Brit thing and your Canadian.? Heck even me a Yank knows this and actually either one is OK. When you set out condiments in an expat environment this is a norm.

Doug

Its a Brit thing and your Canadian.? Heck even me a Yank knows this and actually either one is OK. When you set out condiments in an expat environment this is a norm.

As a Brit, vinegar, yes. Ketchup, yes. Mayonnaise, maybe, if you are French.

I like the vinegar. Either Malt vinegar (must have with fish/chips) or the Thai kind with floating pepper slices. Both OK. And of course the red pepper flakes and fish sauce with hotties.

I seldom eat burgers so probably won't be heading to any of aforementioned spots. And i find that using the name 'Elvis' in such a disrespectful way is a massive insult to a great guy.

I like the vinegar. Either Malt vinegar (must have with fish/chips) or the Thai kind with floating pepper slices. Both OK. And of course the red pepper flakes and fish sauce with hotties.

I seldom eat burgers so probably won't be heading to any of aforementioned spots. And i find that using the name 'Elvis' in such a disrespectful way is a massive insult to a great guy.

Massive being the key word its very obvious where the name Fat Elvis came from. This is just before his death. So where is the insult?

Elvis-Presley-in-1977-008.jpg

Tried Fat Elvis today again because with so many people raving about the place I wondered if my initial experience there was an anomaly. This time I asked for the burger to be cooked "medium" instead of "medium well" and this time it came out much better, maybe on par with Big Daddy's and some of the other popular burger joints in town. The problem the first time must have been that they interpreted "medium well" to be "cooked to excess".

This thing about "fries" being ok, what we talking about, those things that are made from powder and look like a toothpick? Or ones that have actually been cut from a potato?

Edited by roo860

This time I asked for the burger to be cooked "medium" instead of "medium well" and this time it came out much better, maybe on par with Big Daddy's and some of the other popular burger joints in town. The problem the first time must have been that they interpreted "medium well" to be "cooked to excess".

If you require such a high level of expertise, you could frequent a proper restaurant, rather than a burger joint ?

If a restaurant, joint, food stand or any cooked food purveyor should be able to cook the product they sell (no reflection on Fat Elvis, haven't been there yet).

I wouldn't be happy if I was served a noodle soup with uncooked hard noodles even if it was at a roadside stand.

As for those who are discussing the name association with the King I wonder if the owner shares the same birthday?

Elvis Aaron Presley[a] (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977) was an American singer and actor. Regarded as one of the most significant cultural icons of the 20th century, he is often referred to as "the King of Rock and Roll", or simply, "the King". (source wikipedia)

Tried this place 3 times already. Cheeseburger + fries twice and rack of ribs once. Perfectly cooked and presented food every time. The ribs were among the best I've ever had and I've had a few. So far the top burger place in Chiang Mai for me.

Edited by LatvianAce