MajarTheLion

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Break ins

Where are you living?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the clarification, I had a feeling you meant break-ins and just wanted to be sure. I'm still living in the US. We're coming out to BKK for a visit this spring and plan on checking out some towns to settle in. I've gotten some great input and am thinking renting for sure at first. Heck, maybe it'll be permanent. If we get bored of the same town, it'd be great to just leave when the lease runs out.

^ Thats a risk of course, I needed a safe for personal and business reasons.

It was out of sight and as said I had high walls with wire and dogs and luckily no problems.

smile.png

Aren't home invasions pretty rare in Thailand, especially with guns? I was thinking about a safe myself, though would bring mine from the US. It's not very heavy, but could be bolted to the concrete foundation. Pluse

I would of thought they were quire rare, certainly didn't hear of many in just under 13 years.

You can get good safes there, not sure about the hotel type ones too be honest but I suppose you get what you pay for.

I had this one in the house, 53kg-

attachicon.gifss-xpl.png

and also one of these bolted down just for daily stuff, wallet & passport etc.-

attachicon.gifHS-25EA.jpg

However for the business I had one like this one in the office, 100kg.

attachicon.gifTaiyo-Fire-Resistant-Safe536b584d5e8fe41439d3.JPG

smile.png

Break in are not rare

If you think they are you're in a bubble

Safes are a necessity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's why I had a nice strong heavy one, A, hard to get into and B hard to carry.

Home invasions not too common really (or weren't in my time as said before)

:)

Google " home invasions Thailand " and see how many hit's you get. Too many for me to quote using my tablet

Not saying it doesn't happen just hasn't happened to me and it wouldn't stop me from getting a safe.

smile.png

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

reference was for those previous posters who claim that home invasions are not a problem in Thailand

About 666 results (0.64 seconds)

DON'T BUY A HOUSE if you are asking questions like this, especially if you met your wife in Pattaya.

Wait until you have been married at LEAST 5 years. Based on living here over 30 years and seeing a lot.

Superb advice. That said, we've been married 25 years and met in the US. Trust me, if I had met her in Pattaya a few years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation. biggrin.png

DON'T BUY A HOUSE if you are asking questions like this, especially if you met your wife in Pattaya.

Wait until you have been married at LEAST 5 years. Based on living here over 30 years and seeing a lot.

Superb advice. That said, we've been married 25 years and met in the US. Trust me, if I had met her in Pattaya a few years ago, we wouldn't be having this conversation. biggrin.png

I'm an exception to that rule as mine is different. tongue.png

Met in Pattaya in 2001, married in Pattaya in 2003, lived in Pattaya in a bought house until 2014.

smile.png

Edited by davethailand