Jomtien Immigration office hours

Does anyone know what days they are open over the next week or so? I have to go for 30 day extension before Jan 4th.

Another question, does the 30 day extension begin after the 60 day has expired, or at time of issue? I was sure it is the former but my friend strongly feels it is the latter.

I can never understand why people wait until the last possible few days or in fact last day to extend or do business with immigration. Not a personal reply to this poster, but in general in Thailand.

I can think at least 2 reasons..

Some people think 30 extensions start at time of issue.

And another reason is people like me who knows that sometimes especially when immigration is busy they can just tell you come later if you go there "too early"

My personal "record" with "too early" at jomtien is when due date was saturday or sunday and i came friday to extend. I was told to get back monday..

Edited by thaitero

I can never understand why people wait until the last possible few days or in fact last day to extend or do business with immigration. Not a personal reply to this poster, but in general in Thailand.

My friend went early last week for the same expiry date and was told to come back this week. I would sooner get it extended the day after I arrive, then I do not have to think about it!!