Respray For Pickup In Khon Kaen

dominator

Looking at getting my 12 Year old truck done aswell,,, any idea how much for a full respray???

I wanted to get my pick up truck done a few years ago in Sisaket. The better shop was asking for 23 K. ( Metallic)

Then I got hit by a speeding truck and the whole truck had to be redone. Including the cabin, frame, chassis/

P.S. Of course will you find much cheaper jobs. But I think around 20 K is the norm.

Edited by lostinisaan

Thanks for the Info,, Was quoted 10,000 baht,, to have the Roof, Bonnet, and the both wings done,, with the sun beating down,, the colour as faded and the paint as started peeling and it looks terrible,,, the rest of the truck looks good,,,,didn't think about asking the price on a full spray job,,, might just splash the cash, and treat her to a full make over smile.png

Edited by welsh1

Thanks for the Info,, Was quoted 10,000 baht,, to have the Roof, Bonnet, and the both wings done,, with the sun beating down,, the colour as faded and the paint as started peeling and it looks terrible,,, the rest of the truck looks good,,,,didn't think about asking the price on a full spray job,,, might just splash the cash, and treat her to a full make over smile.png

Sorry, thought you wanted to respray ( painted sounds indeed overhauled these days) the whole car.

I'd like to share my experiences when I almost got killed ( my car was dead. lol) through a red light making and speeding Kathoey at 6 am on my way to work on a Monday morning.

It took three hospitals to find out that I had serious injuries at my spine, wheelchair closed, nobody ever found out that I also had three broken ribs.

Then it turned out that the driver ( owner was a female teacher) had the same insurance, class one. The whole car was redone and resprayed by a shitty company in Kantharalka, the insurance had a contract with.

The frame/chassis wasn't straight after more than one year fixing my truck, the paint job was a joke.

When it turned out that the chassis and many other parts weren't done, Mitsubishi Sisaket did the whole job again. Another 7 months of waiting.......

To get to the point. Mitsubishi Sisaket have a great hall with experienced guys who do an outstanding job.

If you let guys from Mitsubishi, Toyota, etc.. do the job, they'll do a good job. And you'll have less problems than going to a no name place.

Get three different quotes and then decide. It doesn't look good, if the color's completely different to the old color./ Good luck.

P.S. Sorry, just found out that you're not the OP of this thread. He wanted a whole respray. wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

10,000 baht is a very good price. Pretty much as much as what we would charge :)

The going price these days in Isaan is 2500 baht per panel.

I had a bump in the rear end,, 2 years ago,, and it was done through the insurance,, which I had to go to the Garage which is around the corner from me,,, which was linked with my Insurance, and fair play to them,they done a very good job,, think I will probaly have them to do it,,, When you say 2500 per panel,, Take it you means doors, back panels,roof, bonnets ETC yes?

I had a bump in the rear end,, 2 years ago,, and it was done through the insurance,, which I had to go to the Garage which is around the corner from me,,, which was linked with my Insurance, and fair play to them,they done a very good job,, think I will probaly have them to do it,,, When you say 2500 per panel,, Take it you means doors, back panels,roof, bonnets ETC yes?

Yeah..they count bonnet as 1 piece. Roof as one piece. Trunk as one piece, etc.

FYI some foreigners we had as customers here think 2,500 for a panel is expensive.

They told me it can be done in the UK for less than 1,000 THB. I am not from the UK, but I would like to know is it true?

Is the UK that cheap for resprays?

Going back about 10 years ago,, had a smash in my rear end in my Cavlier 2,0 GLI,, any way not my fault,, had to get 3 quotes for the Insurance,, Went to Vauxhall,, Quoted,, something like £1100,, went to Fords they quoted something like £1000,,, then went to my mates garage,, who said,, we will put a quote infor £900,,, the Insurance, were happy and went along with that quote,, He then repaired and sprayed the full car,, not the back end like the other 2 quoted,,, Total cost was,, £600,, and we split the £300 betwen us,,, smile.png So the answer to your Question Is No,,It cant be done for that price.

PS,, Where are you Joe?? anywhere near Khon Kaen

I am located in Kalasin, so a bit far from Khon Kaen (80km?).

Anyway we fixed a beaten up vios for 9,120 THB which the guy from the UK (mentioned above) thought was a total rip off.

And accused me of overcharging a farang.

- We fixed 2 dented doors and resprayed: 3,000 THB

- We fixed rear bumper (all the hooks came off so had to order new hooks from Toyota): 1,120 THB

- We resprayed rear and back bumper: 5,000 THB

Anyway our body shop guys have been in the business for 30 years and have their own spray booth etc.

Even Toyota Kalasin etc uses them for resprays as they do such a good job.

If you do it right and remove all glass ,rubber and trim pieces,then a good prep and spray,I'd say 20000b is very cheap.

I might pop in Mitsubishi Sisaket this weekend and will ask how much they charge for the whole job. Labor is cheap enough to let them remove certain parts.

Mitsubishi also respray other brands and they do a great job. I assume that they charge almost the same, if in KK, or in Sisaket.

Edited by lostinisaan

• 2 weeks later...

Dominator.Maybe a bit late now,but i live in Khon kaen and there is a guy a few doors away from me who does all that.i saw him remove the beat up rear section of a pickup,which was completely trashed and fit a new one.The pick up was quite old but he removed the whole back section,welded a new back section on to it.Another guy helped him.They seemed pretty efficient,all the sanding and rubbing down etc,grey under coat etc.It was pretty good from what i could see,but I'm no expert on these things.Then he resprayed it.I've seen the pick up from time to time and it still looks ok.This guy is in Nam Phong.I dont think he would be too expensive as he works out of a small house/yard.If you want ant further details,please do not hesitate to contact me.
KKD