There's still room for growth in Bangkok's property market

snoop1130

There's still room for growth in Bangkok's property market
Sukhumvit News

bangkok-property-market.jpg

BANGKOK -- Despite the challenges Thailand is facing in its economy, it looks as though Bangkok’s property market is standing apart and still proving to be a worthy investment.

A new report from DTZ has found that new condominium units in both the capital’s CBD (Central Business District) and non-CBD areas both enjoyed capital appreciation of over 17 percent year-on-year during the second half (H2) of 2015.

Average selling prices for new units in Bangkok’s CBD stand at ฿209,854 (US$5,786) per square metre, according to Dot Property, representing a 17.6 percent yearly jump.

In non-CBD Bangkok locations, new units sold for an average ฿105,258 (US$2,902) per square metre during H2 – a 17.7 percent yearly increase.

“Even in times of instability and economic difficulties, this latest data shows that investment in Bangkok condominiums will, in almost every situation, result in capital appreciation,” comments Adam Sutcliffe, managing director for Dot Property Group (Thailand).

“This is testament to the fact that the city still remains a very safe and secure investment,” he concluded.

Full Story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/theres-still-room-for-growth-in-bangkoks-property-market/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-01-21

Near BTS or MRT sure the prices still go up. Also the Luxury Condo market still looks so far ok. But the normal Condos and Houses at so much overpriced now i am just waiting for the crash. As long as i can rent cheaper that buy (even considering i do NOT have to finance but pay cash) why would any sane person buy ? Most buyers now dont even rest it out but wait a Year or 2 and then try to sell it for more and that a spiral that will break and i think soon. The moment the first ones will NEED to sell and not find buyers for his asking Price it will get a very fast and very ugly price correction on that market. Sure if you are willing to risk loosing half you invest try and perhaps the market will hold and you make a nice profit when you sell but perhaps you will loose big. No Risk No Reward but i think its a bit too much Risk already but i know some will gamble and make good money

“This is testament to the fact that the city still remains a very safe and secure investment,” he concluded.

Really?

"Sharing its view, the Interior Ministry was concerned about land price manipulation and worried it would give foreigners another incentive to live in Thailand." wai2.gifwai.gif

whistling.gif

http://www.newsunited.com/99-year-land-leasing-in-pipeline-news/20706746

Edited by iReason

Near BTS or MRT sure the prices still go up. Also the Luxury Condo market still looks so far ok. But the normal Condos and Houses at so much overpriced now i am just waiting for the crash. As long as i can rent cheaper that buy (even considering i do NOT have to finance but pay cash) why would any sane person buy ? Most buyers now dont even rest it out but wait a Year or 2 and then try to sell it for more and that a spiral that will break and i think soon. The moment the first ones will NEED to sell and not find buyers for his asking Price it will get a very fast and very ugly price correction on that market. Sure if you are willing to risk loosing half you invest try and perhaps the market will hold and you make a nice profit when you sell but perhaps you will loose big. No Risk No Reward but i think its a bit too much Risk already but i know some will gamble and make good money

'The moment the first ones will NEED to sell and not find buyers for his asking Price it will get a very fast and very ugly price correction on that market.' TiT. Logic isn't the norm. here; nor are the rules. All too often, Thai sellers assume the value they put on their property is the only correct one, and that there is no such thing as a buyers' market.