Ugly accident

MZurf

Last night I rode past an ugly accident scene on Beach Rd, just before coming to the police station. Two farangs were lying face down and the road and not moving, while a third guy was half way sitting up. A fourth farang was very agitated and screamed at some Thai onlookers who might or might not have been involved in the accident. Does anybody know what happened to those guys?

Any vehicles on the ground or was the accident while crossing the street?

One of the farangs on the ground had a motorcycle lying ontop of him but I don't have any idea how this happened.

Let me see if I've got this straight. Last night you "rode past" an accident, where assorted farangs were laying on the ground not moving and/or sititng up and screaming with a motorbike on top of them, and NOW you want to know if they're alright?

Exactly which planet do you come from?

One time I was crossing beach road and almost got hit by a MC. In my polite Thai mode I apologized that I did not see him, but after walking away in a bit of a daze, I realized he was driving the wrong way up beach road. TIT

Edited by peeba7

Let me see if I've got this straight. Last night you "rode past" an accident, where assorted farangs were laying on the ground not moving and/or sititng up and screaming with a motorbike on top of them, and NOW you want to know if they're alright?

ttt

Rode past it in a Baht bus, together with about six other passengers. What would you have done? Put on your superhero cape and jumped from the bus???

BTW, I come from the planet where one doesn't make the Baht bus stop just to stand around and gawk. Strange, huh?

ttt

Rode past it in a Baht bus, together with about six other passengers. What would you have done? Put on your superhero cape and jumped from the bus???

BTW, I come from the planet where one doesn't make the Baht bus stop just to stand around and gawk. Strange, huh?

eefoo would have got on his hooverboard and healed the injured with his finger like ET. That's how it is done on the planet eefoo comes from.

English is a complex language, and, when used properly, avoids all ambiguity. For instance "I rode" and "I was being driven" are two completely different concepts.

"I rode" past an accident gives the impression that one was in charge of the vehicle and could have helped, which is what OP posted, and was the way I interpreted it.

But come on folks - if you saw a person lying in the road with a motorbike on top of them, wouldn't you at least try and help?????? No hoverboards or capes needed.

You know, the way I read it, the OP did not ask about their well-being but asked, "Does anybody know what happened to those guys?" That question could either mean to ask about how the accident occurred or what the aftermath was -- deaths involved, etc.

It's a good question because it's suspected many deaths and accidents happen here and nothing shows up in the media, likely to suppress too much negative news that could give the impression Thailand is a dangerous place and scare off precious tourists.

BTW eefoo, as proper and reasonable as it seems to you to stop and try to assist at the scene of an accident, it's truly not a good idea here as a foreigner to do that, and besides not everybody has the confidence, training and stomach to deal with an accident scene like you claim to. ("But come on folks - if you saw a person lying in the road with a motorbike on top of them, wouldn't you at least try and help?????? No hoverboards or capes needed.")

Edited by Inn Between

Don't expect to see anything in Pattayaonenews they very rarely publish farang accidents or death these days.

Out with the BiB searching every bar for Bridge Clubs...

Seems law enforcement on Pattaya's highways and byways is is too challenging for local law enforcement, no wonder Thailand is number 2 in the WHO list for traffic related fatalities.

English is a complex language, and, when used properly, avoids all ambiguity. For instance "I rode" and "I was being driven" are two completely different concepts.

"I rode" past an accident gives the impression that one was in charge of the vehicle and could have helped, which is what OP posted, and was the way I interpreted it.

But come on folks - if you saw a person lying in the road with a motorbike on top of them, wouldn't you at least try and help?????? No hoverboards or capes needed.

if Farang yes.

A local no,

Thai Riders and drivers, reap what they sow,

only exception are children. thumbsup.gif

Edited by onemorechang

If others were there probably not too be really honest.

Edited by davethailand