AIS scraping the bottom of the barrel now - illegal too

skippybangkok

Perhaps it is due to the shutting down of 2G.

Well... yes.... AIS loosing 900 Mhz..... True gaining 900 Mhz. The are clearly in switching redirecting calls from 1331to their own call centres, or blocking calls in a desperate attempt to not let their customers move over.

I understand the desire, but going into illegal practices is pretty low.

Then again, they are run by singaporeans....

this clip and many more are on Pantip and various social media blogs already.... expect it to blow up in the next few days

Edited by skippybangkok

Well... yes.... AIS loosing 900 Mhz..... True gaining 900 Mhz. The are clearly in switching redirecting calls from 1331to their own call centres, or blocking calls in a desperate attempt to not let their customers move over.

this clip and many more are on Pantip and various social media blogs already.... expect it to blow up in the next few days

And True is run by the Chinese! True have seemingly taken action, they have complained. I do note they haven't paid the first instalment of the 900mhz auction yet though.

I live out in the boonies and True was the only service available. I have to use an air card and have no other options. Last month the service got really bad. My wife upgraded our post paid plan and when the high speed is used up, the plan is supposed to drop the speed to 384. It is not usable at all. I had to add more time for high speed. Last month the bill was over 1,200 baht. The plan renewed the 2nd of this month. It is so slow that even high speed is hardly usable. Calls to True are a waste of time. They first blamed my air card. I did buy another air card and it is the same as the old one.

Fortunately AIS now has coverage here. Yesterday I called True again and was told that my system has problems. Fortunately both the air cards work with the new AIS SIM. True told me that the AIS tower is closer and that's why the service is much better. I am changing my service to AIS because True stinks and they offer no answer for why the service has totally gone to hell. The most irritating thing is that they refuse to admit that my problems are created by them. I asked them why the True card has a full signal and AIS has only three bars but works much better than True. No answer.

I live out in the boonies and True was the only service available. I have to use an air card and have no other options. Last month the service got really bad. My wife upgraded our post paid plan and when the high speed is used up, the plan is supposed to drop the speed to 384. It is not usable at all. I had to add more time for high speed. Last month the bill was over 1,200 baht. The plan renewed the 2nd of this month. It is so slow that even high speed is hardly usable. Calls to True are a waste of time. They first blamed my air card. I did buy another air card and it is the same as the old one.Fortunately AIS now has coverage here. Yesterday I called True again and was told that my system has problems. Fortunately both the air cards work with the new AIS SIM. True told me that the AIS tower is closer and that's why the service is much better. I am changing my service to AIS because True stinks and they offer no answer for why the service has totally gone to hell. The most irritating thing is that they refuse to admit that my problems are created by them. I asked them why the True card has a full signal and AIS has only three bars but works much better than True. No answer.

Could be overselling. Too many customers for the bandwidth.

And True is run by the Chinese! True have seemingly taken action, they have complained. I do note they haven't paid the first instalment of the 900mhz auction yet though.

When did CP sell to the Chinese ?

Yup. Born IN Thailand from Chinese parents with holdings in China that are bigger than Thailand. You can spin it all ya want. He knows he's Chinese and like the rest will be celebrating Chinese New Year today!

The racists have arrived, I guess your preference is blue eyed blond Norwegians aka Telenor

Anyway - thread is about Telenor breaking the laws of other countries

Firstly telling the truth is not rascist. And coming after your slur on Singaporeans is ACTUALLY funny. Secondly this is about AIS not DTAC. Thirdly get over your hatred of Telenor/DTAC! It's obviously impeding your judgement!

When I switched from DTAC to AIS; DTAC was completely uncooperative about letting me keep my number, I finally said screw it, and just got another number...then had three banks to visit, was simpler. I did get my Yellow Book successfully, though...slightly off topic, but a word of warning to those, who thank they can easily keep their number.

I live out in the boonies and True was the only service available. I have to use an air card and have no other options. Last month the service got really bad. My wife upgraded our post paid plan and when the high speed is used up, the plan is supposed to drop the speed to 384. It is not usable at all. I had to add more time for high speed. Last month the bill was over 1,200 baht. The plan renewed the 2nd of this month. It is so slow that even high speed is hardly usable. Calls to True are a waste of time. They first blamed my air card. I did buy another air card and it is the same as the old one.Fortunately AIS now has coverage here. Yesterday I called True again and was told that my system has problems. Fortunately both the air cards work with the new AIS SIM. True told me that the AIS tower is closer and that's why the service is much better. I am changing my service to AIS because True stinks and they offer no answer for why the service has totally gone to hell. The most irritating thing is that they refuse to admit that my problems are created by them. I asked them why the True card has a full signal and AIS has only three bars but works much better than True. No answer.

Could be overselling. Too many customers for the bandwidth.

Or buy a house close to civilisation :) ( or maybe unlucky blind spot- sure AIS will have them too )

I get good through put where ever I go

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how many did it via 7/11. That would certainly slow up the process if TRUE have to send formal paperwork to the customer.. Personally I think the other networks are correct in requiring that it be done correctly with the correct paperwork!

From the Nation editorial: portability process reportedly got much more difficult after True launched a campaign this month to allow transfers to its network at 7-Eleven convenience stores around the country.

AIS and DTAC together recently asked the NBTC to look into whether handling this process at 7-Eleven shops complied with the portability-service regulations.

The NBTC office reportedly took the view that phone-service transfers at 7-Eleven stores were permissible but True had to send formal papers about the service to those customers.