Karting Cancelled!

Maejo Man

Unfortunately today's proposed karting day out has been cancelled due to the fact that Yamaha have hired the track for two days for child driver education.

Blinky Bill has offered his appologies for not checking before hand, and has offered to buy a round at the Irish Pub at 14.00 hrs for any that turn up.

Unfortunately today's proposed karting day out has been cancelled due to the fact that Yamaha have hired the track for two days for child driver education.FF0000]

Blinky Bill has offered his appologies for not checking before hand, and has offered to buy a round at the Irish Pub at 14.00 hrs for any that turn up.

Note the above red...... I think most of you guys should still go....... whata bonus.....

:o:D

Edited by Gonzo the Face

A pretty easy mistake to make.

Don't be too hard on Blinky. :o

Why not?

I suppose you can't help it when a bunch of experienced people (child drivers ) need to show the old buggers how it is done... :D

Edited by chuchok

Agreed, and in deference to your suggestion, I shall drink my beer slowly, thank Blinky profusely, treat him myself to a drink of his choice, and, perhaps most importantly, add here my own suggestion that his offer should be deemed to extend only to those who had previously committed on this forum to go to the kart event . . . and not to simply anyone who shows up at the Irish Pub claiming he or she had intended to attend. :D

Since I have met no one who spoke of going, on that chance that my hooking up with the right crowd may be enhanced by my providing a description of my appearance, I'm of the so-called Caucasian persuasion, about 170 cm in height and 75 kg in weight, wear glasses and have short hair, both on top of my head (to the extent there is any there) and on my face, and answer to "Rasseru".

Cheers

Since I have met no one who spoke of going, on that chance that my hooking up with the right crowd may be enhanced by my providing a description of my appearance, I'm of the so-called Caucasian persuasion, about 170 cm in height and 75 kg in weight, wear glasses and have short hair, both on top of my head (to the extent there is any there) and on my face, and answer to "Rasseru".

Cheers

Unfortunately I won't be there to imbibe Rasseru, but will take pleasure in buying you several when we do eventually get a meeting organised at the track. I decided to take a YL to lunch out of town.

Cheers

Unfortunately I won't be there to imbibe Rasseru, but will take pleasure in buying you several when we do eventually get a meeting organised at the track. I decided to take a YL to lunch out of town.

Everything is relative..... YL / OL

a 100 year old woman was a meer child to Noah....... so he took 2

:o

Unfortunately I won't be there to imbibe Rasseru . . .

I do not wish to put a damper on our future friendship or anything, but that, I feel compelled to say, is not something I would even consider permitting! :D

. . . but will take pleasure in buying you several when we do eventually get a meeting organised at the track.

That, on the other hand, is something I look forward to with delight and anticipation. :o

I decided to take a YL to lunch out of town.

Quite understandable.

Unfortunately I won't be there to imbibe Rasseru . . .

I do not wish to put a damper on our future friendship or anything, but that, I feel compelled to say, is not something I would even consider permitting! :D

. . . but will take pleasure in buying you several when we do eventually get a meeting organised at the track.

That, on the other hand, is something I look forward to with delight and anticipation. :D

I decided to take a YL to lunch out of town.

Quite understandable.

See...I cut lunch short just to come down and have a few with you! You saw the YL in question....could you blame me? :o

See...I cut lunch short just to come down and have a few with you! You saw the YL in question....could you blame me? :o

No blame whatsover! I said it was understandable without even having set eyes on her. Having now perused her -- though I do not recall being introduced? :D -- I underscore my original thought several times with a thick pencil.

Unfortunately today's proposed karting day out has been cancelled due to the fact that Yamaha have hired the track for two days for child driver education.

Too late she cried.. I have only just got my PC probs sorted so never seen this thread.. Anyway, took the whole tribe down to the track only to see bikes and tikes , no scabby looking Aussie expats to be seen. The missus and kids thought it was a good ol laugh, ha, ha, bloody ha.. Can i still get a belated brew.. Yeah thought so.. :o Anyway, some other time...

Why not?

Yes, why not! .. Blinkey Bill has always been very quick on scorning newbees, that were too obviously (in Blinkeys opinion) exposing themselves as newbees, humbly seeking advice.

I'd say: pretty newbee'ish (to anywhere) not to check on avaiability before trying to "master" mind some arrangement ...

Besides, can't imagine Blinkey Bill would crawl away as a crying baby, just because some calls him names ..

Why not?

Yes, why not! .. Blinkey Bill has always been very quick on scorning newbees, that were too obviously (in Blinkeys opinion) exposing themselves as newbees, humbly seeking advice.

I'd say: pretty newbee'ish (to anywhere) not to check on avaiability before trying to "master" mind some arrangement ...

Besides, can't imagine Blinkey Bill would crawl away as a crying baby, just because some calls him names ..

You are dead right, BB would be the last person to crawl away from anything. "sticks and stones etc., comes to mind"

Personally I don't mind a few acerbic remarks. Some of us do not suffer fools gladly or willingly (I hasten to say that this is not directed at your good self, but there are some "twits" who post on the forum)

Edited by john b good

Who won the Boxing Match at the Irish Pub last night ? :D

True to his word, he did buy a round for all concerned :D and no boxing :o

Who won the Boxing Match at the Irish Pub last night ? :D

True to his word, he did buy a round for all concerned :D and no boxing :o

It was good to meet a few of the regular TV posters, and I did buy a round for those that showed their faces.

Well there was a swing or 2 from Terry the 60 something year old, 5' 0'' Ozzie ex pro ultra-feather-weight boxer, all in fun. I was gonna whack him back but as I am 6' 3" tall and 100+ kgs that might have destroyed what little respect I have managed to achieve over the years in Chiang Mai. And thanks Lampoon, I'd even forgotten the incident already.

So with all the dignity I could muster I went to Indonesia to see my Mysterious Aussie mate and his wife the Indonesian Princess. Might be back in 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Blinky Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Might be back in 2-3 weeks.

Which might be right about now . . . What say you to a rematch, Mr. Blinkers?

Back on Monday Rass but I gotta go to Hat Yai for a few days then off to Papua New Guinea. Might have to leave the Great Go Kart Challenge (GGKC) till next year. Although I am sure there would be just as much and possibly more interest, without my presence.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Back on Monday Rass but I gotta go to Hat Yai for a few days then off to Papua New Guinea. Might have to leave the Great Go Kart Challenge (GGKC) till next year. Although I am sure there would be just as much and possibly more interest, without my presence.

Bummer that. Won't be the same without you . . . or rather, without the pleasure of being able to watch Maejo Man spray track dust in your face every time he laps you out there! :o

Bummer that. Won't be the same without you . . . or rather, without the pleasure of being able to watch Maejo Man spray track dust in your face every time he laps you out there! :o

The only time that would happen is when Maejo runs off the track into the boonies leaving a trail of dust and debris in his wake. :D

The only time that would happen is when Maejo runs off the track into the boonies leaving a trail of dust and debris in his wake. :D

:o:D:D

In all my years of karting, I have only taken to the grass on one occasion! Ante up, and we'll do it in January in style when you have the time to get soundly thrashed....

:o:D:D

In all my years of karting, I have only taken to the grass on one occasion! Ante up, and we'll do it in January in style when you have the time to get soundly thrashed....

Lovely! The New Year is looking better and better! :D