Singapore-registered freighter hits embankment in Phra Pradaeng district

webfact

I'm sure in due course it will come out that the harbor pilot was a Burmese, working illegally.

Now that is original.clap2.gif

No just heard he was Thai , he got done for not wearing a safety helmet, But the police want to question the people who made the boat. to see if the wrong paint had been used.

obviously brake failure caused by bits of farang floating down the river

This time last year I took the tourist boat up and down the river - saw what I thought was a black garbage bag, barely floating, near the temple - then a small wave hit it, & washed the black T shirt up to show that it was not a garbage bag -

Reported it (him? her?) to the crew - don't know if they did anything.

This ship belongs to RCL (Regional Container Lines) which is listed on the SET. Singapore flag but thai owned. A pilot would certainly have been on board but as per rules of navigation, the Master still remains responsible. The Singapore Maritime Authority does a thorough enquiry of all accidents on their ships and publishes the results, so we can hold back the thai bashing till then. Could have been a loss of steering or an error of navigation.

This is the only intelligent replay I see here,good for you.

Agreed.

But TVF would be decimated if intelligent replies were to become a requirement whistling.gif