Needed An Overnight Hotel Near To British Embassy

Karlo

I need a low price but clean and secure hotel just for myself that is close to the British Embassy, as I have a 9am appointment the next morning and know morning traffic can be hell. Afterwards I will take the Skytrain to Suvarnabhumi Airportf as I have a flight mid afternoon. So I need a budget no thrills hotel but one that does good evening meals. I don't want to be paying more than 1500 thb for bed and breakfast so any ideas would be appreciated.

The embassy is in a rather expensive neighbourhood, doubt that you'll find lots of cheap options there. If you're willing to pay little more, the lovely Swissotel is right next door; last time I strayed there it was around 4.500 p/night.

Anywhere along the sky train route would be fine for the time you need to be there. It is no more than a 10 minute walk from Phlonchit station.

No need to sit in any traffic.

My mate stayed at the Jasmin city hotel which is 5 minutes walk from Asoke station. So that's 5 minutes walk to BTS, 15 minutes on the train then 10 minutes walk to the embassy.

Plenty of cheaper hotels as you move further out and you add about 3 minutes per stop on the train.

Edited by berybert

Anywhere along the sky train route would be fine for the time you need to be there. It is no more than a 10 minute walk from Phlonchit station.

My mate stayed at the Jasmin city hotel which is 5 minutes walk from Asoke station. So that's 5 minutes walk to BTS, 15 minutes on the train then 10 minutes walk to the embassy.

Plenty of cheaper hotels as you move further out and you add about 3 minutes per stop on the train.

Think you made a mistake with the 15 minutes on the train. Ploenchit is only 2 stops from Asoke.

Think you made a mistake with the 15 minutes on the train. Ploenchit is only 2 stops from Asoke.

Climb the steps, get your ticket, wait for train, get on train, go 2 stops, get off train, go down steps - best make that 20 mins not 15.