British backpacker Grace Taylor missing in Thailand

webfact

Monday 21:55 GMT

We are flying out tonight to come and bring her home.

Above qoute from face book > https://www.facebook.com/groups/YouKnowYouveLivedinThailandwhen/permalink/890088247778827/?comment_id=890328934421425&comment_tracking={%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22}

So the family are on the way to Thailand...

I wonder if any forum members in Krabi would be able to help the arriving family ?

One would really hope so, but reading many of the posts on this thread I suspect that they are more likely to wait outside arrivals to laugh at them!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Chief.....A naive(and I am sure she is), 21 year old, backpacking "ALONE', on likely her first trip to Asia, is bloody stupid........Thailand isn't La-La Land...

So what's your point? Keep her locked safely 'at home' where she'll never have to deal with the big bad world? Check the news; 21 yo's are running amok in Blighty too.

Edited by Rob13

Can't believe all the hate she is getting for being young and going travelling. Thai visa is so full of haters.

Not hate, you mutt......stupidity and naivety!!! Solo traveling, in Thailand, these days.....Not a good idea!!

Thousands of people do it every day without incident. Of course this being Thai visa an excuse to bash Thailand will not be missed.

Sounds like either someone spiked her drink or she consumed willingly mushrooms or MDMA which will have you in a disorientated state and paranoid thinking people are wanting to harm you. You are hallucinating in fantasy unlike the intense visions of reality as with Ayahuasca. I hope she is founded unharmed , in sound body and mind.

You've never taken MDMA, have you?

It's not so much one 'shroom 2 day bender, or one dose of MDMA, ( or whatever compound it really happens to be) it's using various drugs repeatedly exacerbated with day after day of binge drinking that can cause psychotic episodes and falling (flying?) off roofs or ending up disoriented at an airport closed at night from the bad luck of an airline strike.

Of course young women do tend to get dosed with drugs, too.

What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place..... Helllloooo read a newspaper or is there world wide media ban on reporting about Thailand's death toll of forieners?....

Let me asure you a trip to Thailand is a dam sight safer than 2 weeks in Ibiza of for that matter a night out in Manchester of any other British City.

Try telling that to the HUNDREDS of families that have lost their children to this sh** hole.... Show me the stats from forieners who have died in Ibiza and compare then your comment might have some truth.

Cheers

What I don't get is why people are stupid enough to let their kids come backpacking in this hovel in the 1st place..... Helllloooo read a newspaper or is there world wide media ban on reporting about Thailand's death toll of forieners?....

Let me asure you a trip to Thailand is a dam sight safer than 2 weeks in Ibiza of for that matter a night out in Manchester of any other British City.

Try telling that to the HUNDREDS of families that have lost their children to this sh** hole.... Show me the stats from forieners who have died in Ibiza and compare then your comment might have some truth.

Cheers

Two British teenagers died in the same week in Ibiza last year.

Kids, she is 21.......Stupid

ironically, a 21 year old white girl is a child for many here, but a thai counterpart the same age is fair game.

There's a lot of hatred on this forum for young people, for western women, and for Thailand in general.

This story seems to have created an ideal opportunity to attack all three at once, hence the ensuing flood of bile.

What an unpleasant place this can be at times.

Edited by SoiBiker

There's a lot of hatred on this forum for young people, for western women, and for Thailand in general.

This story seems to have created an ideal opportunity to attack all three at once, hence the ensuing flood of bile.

What an unpleasant place this can be at times.

Considering the old expats still living in dream and going for 21yrs old thai gf, it comes at no surprise they now rant toward a 21 yrs old western girl. But if she was working in a bar closed by their house they would have probably enjoyed her disorientation much more

update

https://www.facebook.com/sam.taylor.98478/posts/10205057255424205?fref=nf

"Grace Taylor made it to Krabi airport apparently around 8.30/9.30 Thai time however she didn't board the flight. Krabi airport isn't 24 hours and there are no hotels nearby, it is a small unmanned and remote airport. Where is Grace?"

That is technically incorrect: Krabi Airport is a very busy airport just off the main road through Krabi Town ... It has two terminals - each with two floors. The top floors are for out bound flights. Terminal one has the checking for International Flights and the Airport Screening stations. If Terminal Two has outbound immigration screening I am not aware of it.....

The airport is NOT unmanned even late at night. There are maintenance workers, Security Guards and some supervisory staff. The two terminals are connected by a sloping enclosed ramp ... If she got into the airport - which she did: Her Hotel booked a taxi and driver confirmed bringing her to airport, then all she had to do was to sit down and wait or find a security guard. Security guards are also at the gate to the main road ... 24/7/365.

This airport is near impossible to get lost in... It is a 20th. the size of any typical large mall in Thailand. This story is very difficult to believe relative to the statements she is supposed to have given to her family..

Missing farang!!!!! Put down your beer, say goodbye to the bar girl, and get away from soi 8 and the ladyboy shows.

it's time to unite farangs!!!!!

Next time you see backpacker, give them a hug.....oh wait, you will get arrested. ok, tell them to be safe. oh wait, they will laugh. tell them to go with friends. they will smile. tell them not to do anything...they will walk away.

i will pray she is OK.

but last night i prayed my wife would run away.

Have you ever tried to tell a 21 year old not to do something? She's likely graduated university and saved the money for her trip and is a fully grown adult. She can read newspapers herself and be aware of the dangers and whilst her parents can advise her they have no power to stop her.

Sounds like either someone spiked her drink or she consumed willingly mushrooms or MDMA which will have you in a disorientated state and paranoid thinking people are wanting to harm you. You are hallucinating in fantasy unlike the intense visions of reality as with Ayahuasca. I hope she is founded unharmed , in sound body and mind.

You've never taken MDMA, have you?

It's not so much one 'shroom 2 day bender, or one dose of MDMA, ( or whatever compound it really happens to be) it's using various drugs repeatedly exacerbated with day after day of binge drinking that can cause psychotic episodes and falling (flying?) off roofs or ending up disoriented at an airport closed at night from the bad luck of an airline strike.

Of course young women do tend to get dosed with drugs, too.

Why not leave off such assumptions until she has been found. Currently she's missing, the family are on the way from the UK, distraught. Fearing the worse no doubt but hoping for the best. This talk about drugs may be true but there are also many other possibilities some far more sinister. Hold fire till everybody knows a little more including the families.

Incidentally, the families and friends are on facebook with this & I have no doubt they are also reading this, the same as the Luke Miller family read that topic (he was buried yesterday by the way). So have some respect for gods sake.

Edited by jayjay78

I hope she met a harmless freak and traveled to Phangan to get wasted on mushrooms and just lost track of time.

Not a good thing to do. Drugs are no good ... any drug at all !

she is ' disorientated ' but I'm not sure if that means she don't know where she is or is she sleeping on a couch somewhere or getting some dreadlocks in her hair or a tattoo.

just another twit who thinks she can come over to southeast asia alone singing cum ba ya with a back pack and everything will be alright! no sympathy here! these idiots NEVER learn!this happens every year! you people are coming over to a land that will cut your throat on a whim! and take all your pitiful belongings as well!

Perhaps a little exaggerated but not really so far from the mark regarding some areas. One certainly needs to 'look out' on Koh Tao, where many believe that there is a serial killer on the loose.

Back when I was 19 I took my first international vacation by myself. There was no internet and also no expectation for me to call my parents every five minutes. In fact, not at all. I went away for a week. Big deal. I was a young man of 19. This young woman is an adult of 21. Does it mean she's missing?

Have you ever tried to tell a 21 year old not to do something? She's likely graduated university and saved the money for her trip and is a fully grown adult. She can read newspapers herself and be aware of the dangers and whilst her parents can advise her they have no power to stop her.

Indeed, age 21 is considered the age of majority in most countries, you can drink, vote, sign contracts, travel at will with your own passport, and marry if you choose. And parents have no say at all, except as shaming, inheritance or trust leverage, beyond that they must

'keep the respect of the grown child as advisors and friends'.

21 year olds of both genders die or suffer injury in every nation on earth from bad judgement. As do 50 year olds.

Girls get micky'd at bars in UK too, but less frequently because the penalties are much higher, but it happens.

Also drink quality is much higher in most western lands, here bug spray gets put in drink pails because,

people are just play STUPID. Lets all keep some good energy sent her way, and hopefully she

will come up for air and head home. Let's keep a good thought folks....

Edited by animatic

Grace is 21 years old and has reached age of consent. There is nothing parents can do but give advice. The concern I have is did Grace mental issues before coming to Thailand? Not too long ago a UK lady came to Thailand with prior mental conditions but was allowed to come as she was deemed mentally fit to travel at time of departure. As somewhat expected life fell apart for the lady in Thailand as she was not mentally equipped to handle a different environment. If this is a case my sympathy goes out to the parents.

Family of UK woman 'missing in Thailand' in appeal for help

LONDON: -- A 21-year-old woman from Swanage, Dorset is missing in south Thailand, according to her family who have posted an online appeal for help.

Grace Taylor, who was backpacking, had been uncontactable since 16 February, her mother Sam Taylor said on Facebook.

The family filed a missing person report to Dorset Police on 21 February.

Then on 22 February, Ms Taylor contacted her family who booked her a flight home, although she did not board the flight her mother said.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-35638138

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2016-02-23