Chinese Tourist dies during swim at Pattaya Island

rooster59

The two fellows-rescue workers carrying the corpse seem to be laughing. At what, the dead body?

In the other picture they pose with the corpse like a 60 kilogram trophy fish.

What kind of subliminal message does this send to the world? We love you tourists? - keep on 'a comin'? Ka Ching?

Is there any need to truss the body up that much?

If that shows respect for the deceased, in the whole process of going to Thailand only to come home in a black body bag - then I'm a monkey's uncle..

Thai tourism is closely resembling a cattle call..

As in, "another one bites the dust.."

the tourists are gone already !!

so they carried what ??

The two fellows-rescue workers carrying the corpse seem to be laughing. At what, the dead body?

In the other picture they pose with the corpse like a 60 kilogram trophy fish.

What kind of subliminal message does this send to the world? We love you tourists? - keep on 'a comin'? Ka Ching?

Is there any need to truss the body up that much?

If that shows respect for the deceased, in the whole process of going to Thailand only to come home in a black body bag - then I'm a monkey's uncle..

Thai tourism is closely resembling a cattle call..

As in, "another one bites the dust.."

You're struggling with the cultural difference. Thai people don't view the deceased in the same way you do. They aren't showing any respect for the deceased person because they just don't have any. As we know, they have little respect for foreigners even when they're alive. If you want these Thai people to show respect, they need training in your Westernized sensibilities.

The Pattaya One staff are the problem here - they can change it by not taking and then publishing disrespectful photos.

Considering it's an English publication read mainly by foreigners living in Thailand, you could take an active role in trying to change their ways by protesting.

Edited by tropo

The obvious answer is a combination of complete disregard for the value of a human life, along with either contempt or dislike of foreigners. Either way, it is a tremendous demonstration of ignorance, insensitivity, lack of grace, lack of manhood, lack of intelligence, vision, consideration, and dignity. A tiny child, trapped within the body of a man, who has the emotional development of a 12 year old.

I almost agree with this totally but I think it's more like a 7 year old seriously. I had to give up teaching in the public schools here because the education system is just setup for the youth to fail. The teachers hardly know there own subject, it's a disgrace.