Officials investigate Kamala Beach encroachment allegations

rooster59

Officials investigate Kamala Beach encroachment allegations

Kongleaphy Keam

post-247607-0-09900800-1456581826_thumb.

PHUKET: Officials are looking into allegations that vendors at Kamala Beach are encroaching beyond the ‘10-percent zone’, which was established to restrict commercial activities to a small portion of the popular Phuket beach.

An anonymous tip-off from a Phuket expat alleged that beach chairs, umbrellas, food stalls and tents have spread beyond the demarcation poles of the 10-percent zone. Photographic evidence supporting the allegation was provided to officials.

“There are tables and chairs, hundreds of beach mattresses with umbrellas and garbage piling up for several days now. The tents are becoming permanent fixtures and hundreds of chairs are piled up over night,” said the expat in an email to the Phuket Gazette.

Kamala Administration Organization (OrBorTor) President Karun Sriden said that he appreciated the tip-off and would send officers to look into the encroachment claim. However, he insisted that inspections were already being made on a regular basis.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Officials-investigate-Kamala-Beach-encroachment-allegations/63270?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-02-27

Do we really need a platform to show the abuses on the island? Heck I can provide that.

I'm amazed how all these problems are huge surprises to the local officials, who are paid to protect the island.

Every time, every times after the last big news... and once again.

What would be the best way to keep these issues alive, regardless what the Phuket 'officials' say?

This is the same administration at Kamala which did not notice the large pile of rubbish, dumped at the beach walk, near the police station. What's pathetic is that , in each of these cases, it takes a faring to go to the trouble of reporting it. Which, in this society, can be a risk in itself. You don't want to be labelled a 'troublemaker' . Some people would rather die than think.

This is Phuket which is lawless but ruled by the Mafia. No government in Thailand does not want a fight in Phuket. Army has no balls and the PM does nothing. Who rules Phuket the Mafia or the PM,S government? The Mafia! No brainier!

I rolled up at the south end of Kamala Beach yesterday afternoon. Looking north all you can see is beach crap. The 10% zone has turned into a 50% zone.

They did finally clean up the Tsunami Park a bit, but still some plenty of trash around.

Edited by Shot

Do we really need a platform to show the abuses on the island? Heck I can provide that.

I'm amazed how all these problems are huge surprises to the local officials, who are paid to protect the island.

Every time, every times after the last big news... and once again.

What would be the best way to keep these issues alive, regardless what the Phuket 'officials' say?

we need again a business orientaded GVT with good connection to Dubai,

and 99% would be occupied by business,

and 100% for Chinese !

<snip>

<snip>

Yes, the local officials are paid to protect the island, but the problem is that these people are paid even more to look the other way.