Lay-Z-Boy Office Chair

Hel123

Hi,

I've seen a Lay-Z-Boy Office chair at Office mate by HomeWorks.

Without doubt the most comfortable Office chair I've sat on. That said probably the most expensive as well, 25,000 Bhts !!!

Does anyone know if these are sold anywhere else as I'm trying to make some comparisons to ensure that Office Mate isn't over priced ?

I've seen plenty of office chairs ranging in price from 1000 Bht to 12000 Bht but the Lay-Z-Boy is imho far more comfortable.....

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,

H.

There is a large furniture store on Pattaya Nua by the traffic lights at the third road junction, the shop is on the left before the lights heading to Sukhumvit. They have an upper floor with a wide range of chairs I think I saw some there .

IMHO the best office chair you can buy is a Herman Miller Aeron and they cost way more than the prices referred to above. Cheap office chairs are mostly poorly designed, shoddily made and don't last long. It is the old story of you get what you pay for, so if you can afford a good brand then go for it. https://aeron.chanintrliving.com/

Lay-Z-Boy office chair just been delivered 8980 Bhts off Central online - The exact same chair is on Office mate site for 10790 Bhts so Central Online is cheaper, OK.

Get this - The chair was delivered in an Office mate van and assembled in my house by staff wearing Office mate uniforms !!!!

Lay-Z-Boy office chair just been delivered 8980 Bhts off Central online - The exact same chair is on Office mate site for 10790 Bhts so Central Online is cheaper, OK.

Get this - The chair was delivered in an Office mate van and assembled in my house by staff wearing Office mate uniforms !!!!

Should not be a surprise as Central owns a lot of companies.

I have 2 Lazy-Boy fabric recliner chairs in my condo at present... I'm a fan.

3 months ago I bought a high back full swivel office chair at Ikea BangNa for approximately 2400 Baht. Good but not great quality. They had other chairs up to about 4500 Baht.

When I checked out the link to the LazyBoy office chairs at Central Online, I was seriously looking at upgrading..

Until....

A little research uncovered the fact that the Garner model is covered in PU Leather. Yes, PU, as in polyurethane (vinyl). Simulated leather. The Alston model is covered in Bonded Leather. That process uses chopped up leather pulp. Not simulated leather but not real leather.

And these chairs listed for 20,000 Baht? Even at the discounted price of 9600 Baht delivered, it was a no-brainer to stick with the Ikea chair.

I have 2 Lazy-Boy fabric recliner chairs in my condo at present... I'm a fan.

3 months ago I bought a high back full swivel office chair at Ikea BangNa for approximately 2400 Baht. Good but not great quality. They had other chairs up to about 4500 Baht.

When I checked out the link to the LazyBoy office chairs at Central Online, I was seriously looking at upgrading..

Until....

A little research uncovered the fact that the Garner model is covered in PU Leather. Yes, PU, as in polyurethane (vinyl). Simulated leather. The Alston model is covered in Bonded Leather. That process uses chopped up leather pulp. Not simulated leather but not real leather.

And these chairs listed for 20,000 Baht? Even at the discounted price of 9600 Baht delivered, it was a no-brainer to stick with the Ikea chair.

I have one of those 2400B Ikea chairs. Whilst quite firm it is much better built than the 4500B chair from HomePro that I previously had and which barely lasted 6 months before the gas strut failed and the fake leather finish started peeling. I hope the Ikea chair will last a while.

But I bought a reclining leather chair and foot rest from Index for about 6000B a couple of years ago and in spite of getting daily use it looks brand new.

I had already ordered mine from OfficeMate and then saw the Central link ... nvm such is life wink.png

When ordering online your getting a warehouse first price, once an item goes into a shop the price is always higher.

And no one checked Index?

I've only recently emigrated to Thailand so I wasn't aware that Central own many companies - Suits me......

I'll now always check on Central prior to making any purchases

Central is normally the most expensive and the own the malls and the department stores