Usenext

tigerbeer

Was just browsing the net for something and got to some page by UseNext. According to thier web page its the next generation for downloading. Far superior to Torrents. any information on this stuff??? or experience of using it?

I stumbled over UseNext as well and almost signed up because their statements were promising.

But then I discovered that -although it was supposed to be secure connection- there was no lock displayed in the taskbar. :o Not a good idea when using your credit card number...

I have been using usenext for well over a year with no problems regarding credit card or ease of use!

It does at is says and it downloads at your current internet connection. when i was in the uk i had a 10mb connection and i was downloading at that most of the time...

Was just browsing the net for something and got to some page by UseNext. According to thier web page its the next generation for downloading. Far superior to Torrents. any information on this stuff??? or experience of using it?

I stumbled over UseNext as well and almost signed up because their statements were promising.

But then I discovered that -although it was supposed to be secure connection- there was no lock displayed in the taskbar. :o Not a good idea when using your credit card number...

hi'

I use UseneXt since a few month now, everything is clear!

no scam, no debit on your card unless you ask for a recharge of your account.

concerning speed, you can't dream faster, when I get online to download, I reached the max, some 850kb/s :D (medium 600kb/s)

beside, emule and most of p2p progs are turning commercial, and p2p is dying ...

some other like astraweb offer for a 30$ an an ammount of 90 gb of download without time limit, the only bad side, it's using the traditional newsgroup stuff,you nedd to download the headers first and then get all the parts of the file, get them all, join them, and then uncompress them.

useneXt is different it does it for you, and the hasle to join, uncompress is done by the prog, nice and great, not free, but for 10€/month having 20gb to download is fine :D

go for it, there is a trial period, 3gb for free, download small files and see by yourself :D

for me, no looking back to any other way :D

francois

Usenet has been around since the dawn of the internet it is not a new thing.

Usenext is a just a usenet provider in disguise (An expensive, Slow, Limited Retention) one at that.

There are far better usenet providers for less money with faster download speeds, better retention.

For example 2 of the leading ones are www.easynews.com and www.giganews.com.

Team one of those up with a NZB provider such as newzbin and Newsleecher program. You have the ultimate downloading facility full stop.

No need for header download with NZB files. And for a quick search u could use newsleecher's supersearch faclilty but better go with a NZB database provider.

Where do you think all the stuff on P2P orignates from...............usenet.

Edited by dekka007

hi'

I use UseneXt since a few month now, everything is clear!

no scam, no debit on your card unless you ask for a recharge of your account.

concerning speed, you can't dream faster, when I get online to download, I reached the max, some 850kb/s :D (medium 600kb/s)

beside, emule and most of p2p progs are turning commercial, and p2p is dying ...

some other like astraweb offer for a 30$ an an ammount of 90 gb of download without time limit, the only bad side, it's using the traditional newsgroup stuff,you nedd to download the headers first and then get all the parts of the file, get them all, join them, and then uncompress them.

useneXt is different it does it for you, and the hasle to join, uncompress is done by the prog, nice and great, not free, but for 10€/month having 20gb to download is fine :D

go for it, there is a trial period, 3gb for free, download small files and see by yourself :D

for me, no looking back to any other way :D

francois

ok so i found out a bit more. visited giganews and easynews as well. i guess everything is there to download under the sun huh??? and seriously high speeds?? for 10Euro, 20gigs is really not much. limits can be hit quite fast :D

now lets say i go back to conventional usenets. i have lets say a newsreader client. it always asks me to input the server address provided by my local internet provider. now how do i figure out the addresses ???? its really been a very long time since i involved myself in newsgroups. please please, can someone give me a little lesson of Newgroups 101?

1. Download newsleecher (newsleecher.com)

2. eg. easynews.com set news server as news.easynews.com

3. enter username password for easynews.

3.5 associate .nzb files with newsleecher

4. sign up with nzb database provider such as newzbin.com

5. when u see something u like download .nzb (Select open not save) will send direct to newsleecher

6. unrar using winrar or if error use smartpar to repair

send me pm if u need help :o

1. Download newsleecher (newsleecher.com)

2. eg. easynews.com set news server as news.easynews.com

3. enter username password for easynews.

3.5 associate .nzb files with newsleecher

4. sign up with nzb database provider such as newzbin.com

5. when u see something u like download .nzb (Select open not save) will send direct to newsleecher

6. unrar using winrar or if error use smartpar to repair

send me pm if u need help :o

Thanks dekka. I did sign up for usenext trial and tried downloading. max i get is 40kbytes/s. i get up to 150kbytes/s with bittorrents. also the selection of content is not overwhelming. i think i'll just pass usenet until it gets more populated or more popular. thanks though everyone.

it sure is an alternative to p2p networks though thats been swarmed by greedy corporates.

Dont use usenext. Use Giganews or Easynews with news leecher.

Set newsleecher to make 8 connections to the server. on a 2mb adsl connection with this setup u will get 220kb/sec easy. Currently on a 1mb connetion in hotel and getting 118 kb/sec.

The content of usenet with regard to games/movies/tv/music/apps is about 100 times that of any p2p content.

check out newzbin.com for an example click more on the left menu and u will see the subsections.

Believe me there is no better way to get content / speed than usenet (Note usenet not USENEXT).

Everything on the P2P networks originates from usenet.

Edited by dekka007

Usenet has been around since the dawn of the internet it is not a new thing.

Usenext is a just a usenet provider in disguise (An expensive, Slow, Limited Retention) one at that.

There are far better usenet providers for less money with faster download speeds, better retention.

For example 2 of the leading ones are www.easynews.com and www.giganews.com.

Team one of those up with a NZB provider such as newzbin and Newsleecher program. You have the ultimate downloading facility full stop.

No need for header download with NZB files. And for a quick search u could use newsleecher's supersearch faclilty but better go with a NZB database provider.

Where do you think all the stuff on P2P orignates from...............usenet.

hi'

I checked the 2 adresses you give, 10€ 20gb or 25 gb ... :o

it's all the same everywhere, except astraweb.com !

25€ 60 or even 90bg, no time limit !

francois

Dont use usenext. Use Giganews or Easynews with news leecher.

Set newsleecher to make 8 connections to the server. on a 2mb adsl connection with this setup u will get 220kb/sec easy. Currently on a 1mb connetion in hotel and getting 118 kb/sec.

The content of usenet with regard to games/movies/tv/music/apps is about 100 times that of any p2p content.

check out newzbin.com for an example click more on the left menu and u will see the subsections.

Believe me there is no better way to get content / speed than usenet (Note usenet not USENEXT).

Everything on the P2P networks originates from usenet.

hi'

read my last post, one to avoid also, is newsguy.com !

and newsbin is far to be the best soft for news ...

francois

hi'

I checked the 2 adresses you give, 10€ 20gb or 25 gb ...

it's all the same everywhere, except astraweb.com !

25€ 60 or even 90bg, no time limit !

francois

Yes there are cheaper alternatives such as astraweb. Your paying for the retention with giganews and service speed etc.

Easynews likewise although giganews has the industry leading retention. 90 days retention 99% completion no other news provider comes close by a longway. Astraweb is only 25 days retention.

oh and Giganews is unlimited for 19 euros compared to 12 euros unlimited for astraweb its worth the extra the difference in service/quality between giganews and astraweb is night and day i have tried both. but stayed with Giganews for 3 years now.

I still prefer newsleecher over newsbin - very similar tho.

Edited by dekka007