Bottleneck of thousands of migrants in Greece adds to urgency at EU-Turkey summit

snoop1130

Bottleneck of thousands of migrants in Greece adds to urgency at EU-Turkey summit
Euronews

606x341_326352.jpg

GREECE -- The bottleneck of more than 13,000 migrants at the Greek-Macedonian border has added to the urgency at an EU-Turkey summit taking place in Brussels today.

With Macedonian officials imposing further restrictions on the number of migrants its allowing through onto its territory, the situation is growing more desperate in cold and wet conditions.

Mohammad Alajoz, a migrant from Aleppo in Syria, told reporters at the Idomeni camp: “I hope they open the border for everyone after this meeting and everyone can go and start a new life, escape from the war and our last life.”

Greece says it has a backlog of more than 30,000 migrants across its territory.

Ahmed, another migrant from Syria, said: “We cannot force the European countries to do something, but they should take care (of us) by humanity.

A reporter asked: “You’re not going back for sure?”

Ahmed replied: “Where do I go? If I go I will die.”

EU officials are warning that the number of migrants in Greece – many of whom want to reach Germany and other countries further north – could swell by more than 10,000 by the end of this month.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-03-07

Lets see ... how many years did the EU leaders have summits and meetings when Sarajevo and Bosnia were under siege, residents were starving, neighbor was killing neighbor and snipers were picking-off women, children and old folks?

Time for an American style voter revolution in Europe.

The Shamestream media manages to get a sad looking child in just about every picture. When I see raw unedited video of the migrants it's almost all military aged young men.

UNICEF has released a report (Sept. 2015) that one of every four asylum seekers are children.

http://www.unicef.org/publicpartnerships/files/Refugee_and_migrant_children_in_Europe_-_Sept_2015.pdf

Edited by helpisgood

The Shamestream media manages to get a sad looking child in just about every picture. When I see raw unedited video of the migrants it's almost all military aged young men.

UNICEF has released a report (Sept. 2015) that one of every four asylum seekers are children.

http://www.unicef.org/publicpartnerships/files/Refugee_and_migrant_children_in_Europe_-_Sept_2015.pdf

I'm not trying to be provocative, just throwing some thoughts up in the air - but I believe the number of children should be higher, given that you would expect the young men to be staying behind (literally and figuratively) to protect the women and children as they flee to safer ground. NS does have a point, although that might be explained by the fact that these healthy, fit and very active young men are always going to dominate crowd scenes - witness last year at Budapest railway station when the agents provocateurs were out in force, and they were all young men (and they were shouting "shame Europe, shame", something I will never forget).