Linksys Router

Gary A

My high powered desktop died again. I was pleased to find out that my wireless router works without being plugged into the desktop, that's the good news. This time it appears that my Asus motherboard may be shot. The last time I had a problem it was the P-4 3.0 Ghz processor. Now I get the message telling me that the bios checksum is bad. The instructions tell me to re-install the bios from the Asus CD. I put in the CD and it tells me the file was found, then tells me it is installing. After that it tells me to power off and restart to get my system back. It goes through the same process again. Any advice?

Try to locate the mainboard battery. Take it out en put it in again. Start up your computer and enter the bios. Check if all settings are okay depending on your hardware. If not, change the settings to the correct configuration. Restart.

Let's see what happens.

Petch01

Edited by Petch01

I tried that with no luck. Same bad checksum message. The only thing that shows on my monitor is the bios file was found and the installing, then restart. I cannot get to any settings and it will not boot off a floppy. Trying to boot off the floppy gives a message that says bios file not found.

Try to locate the mainboard battery. Take it out en put it in again. Start up your computer and enter the bios. Check if all settings are okay depending on your hardware. If not, change the settings to the correct configuration. Restart.

Let's see what happens.

Petch01

I tried that with no luck. Same bad checksum message. The only thing that shows on my monitor is the bios file was found and the installing, then restart. I cannot get to any settings and it will not boot off a floppy. Trying to boot off the floppy gives a message that says bios file not found.

Let's see what happens.

Petch01

hi'

change the MB battery :o

francois