insurance on my modded car

ryanhull

Hey all,

So I have insurance on my swift, yesterday someone was coming at me on the wrong side of the road and caused me to go off road into a hedge,

I have scratched up my bumper and taken a chunk out of my tyre/alloy

Question is, when I first got my swift it had standard wheels onit, since then I have placed 17`s with dunlop tyres,

Will they still cover this or will they say no due to me placing new parts onit?

The guy is coming to look tomorow but his english was so bad it was too difficult to ask him,

Anyone know?

Thanks,

Ryan

When you upgrade your alloys and tires you need to tell your insurance company to include this into your policy.

Some will add a few baht to the policy some won't. However as it stands now, you will only get 50% of your tire (original suzuki tire) back.

When you upgrade your alloys and tires you need to tell your insurance company to include this into your policy.

Some will add a few baht to the policy some won't. However as it stands now, you will only get 50% of your tire (original suzuki tire) back.

Bought insurance from 3 different companies for my HD. If I changed anything, it required a trip to the office of their agent so they could take pics. And bring a receipt for what you bought if you want them to add it onto the policy.

Bought insurance from 3 different companies for my HD. If I changed anything, it required a trip to the office of their agent so they could take pics. And bring a receipt for what you bought if you want them to add it onto the policy.

All I had to do was email the pics and receipt. Didn't actually have to go to their office.

Tokio Marine, Bangkok Bank and AXA insurance.

Goodyear Eagle F1 Directional 5 (205/45/R17): 3450 x 4 = 13,800 THB

Goodyear Excellence (215/45/R17): 4450 x 4 = 17,800 THB

Dunlop DZ102 (215/40/R17): 4,500 x 4 = 18,000 THB

Maxxis probably around 3,500 to 3,900 THB

I told my insurance company of the "accessories" added to my vehicle and they assed the added cost. I then pointed out that I still had a lot of the original parts etc etc and we negotiated a value-added premium. without that thy are unlikely to pay out - you can always try.......

All I had to do was email the pics and receipt. Didn't actually have to go to their office.

Tokio Marine, Bangkok Bank and AXA insurance.

I should of used your Broker !

My wife is a broker for Bangkok Insurance :) You want to update your policy? haha