LACK OF GREEN-SPACE & PARKS in Bangkok - So Disappointing.

easybullet3

What sort of idiot would choose bangkok to raise children? There are a zillion better places to do that. Yes find another job elsewhere if you're children are important

Totally agree... Bangkok is the world's sleaziest, dirtiest adult playground with ladies (and ladyboys) of the night plying their trade on every street corner even in daylight. Why anyone would think it a suitable place to raise kids is beyond me. On Sukhumvit, there are western weirdos and paedophiles everywhere. Your kids are in grave danger in this city. Plus, there are almost no facilities for kids to play outside, and the air quality is one of the worst in the world according to a recent survey that I posted a few weeks ago. Only a few Indian and Chinese cities have unhealthier air than Bangkok. TOTALLY unsuitable for children!

What sort of idiot would choose bangkok to raise children? There are a zillion better places to do that. Yes find another job elsewhere if you're children are important

Totally agree... Bangkok is the world's sleaziest, dirtiest adult playground with ladies (and ladyboys) of the night plying their trade on every street corner even in daylight. Why anyone would think it a suitable place to raise kids is beyond me. On Sukhumvit, there are western weirdos and paedophiles everywhere. Your kids are in grave danger in this city. Plus, there are almost no facilities for kids to play outside, and the air quality is one of the worst in the world according to a recent survey that I posted a few weeks ago. Only a few Indian and Chinese cities have unhealthier air than Bangkok. TOTALLY unsuitable for children!

Geez, you are paranoid.

So all the children living and raised in Bangkok are condemned to die?

It seems that you have never been in Bangkok.

Edited by andre47

Exaggerations to the max. Thainess? Having a laugh.

There's plenty of green but you don't get access to it. There are many great moobaans with parks, soccercages, tenniscourts, fittnessclubs, pools, playgrounds and so on...You only need to buy a house there or a ticket for the facility's only.

In the city around sukhumvit are also big parks but BKK needs many more of them i agree.

Just came back from Khao Yai, great there and not that hot..Great resort at a river, loads of green...But even in a car on the road very dangerous.

If i had children i wouldn't live in BKK, money is not that important to me. But you can buy everything you want in Thailand, even green.

There are many great moobaans

Those moobaans you refer to are called, gated communities, I live in one.

From about 5 in the evening you will see people, walking, jogging, running riding bicycles etc.

You will see others, playing football, volleyball, basketball, tak raw.

A couple of times a week the aerobics class will be in full swing.

A great place to meet people, great social atmosphere.

The beauty of these gated communities, no karaoke joint is going to spring up next door, Somchais motorcycle repair shop aint going to open up, no one is going to be burning rubbish next door, no dog breeding farm will be opned, no packs of rabid soi dogs running wild.

You are more likely to see, Mercs, Beemers, Volvos and Subarau cars rather than some 30 year old D-Max coughing diesel fumes from his non existant exhaust.

Head to the Bang Na-Trat Highway out by Gemopolis is Bkk for details.

Yeah Bkk has no greenery, LOL.

It seems that you have never been in Bangkok.

It seems he spent his time in the Lower Suk enclave, what would he be doing there I ask myself.