Flight to Moscow suspended after passenger complained the plane was unsafe

webfact

A flight to Moscow was suspended after a passenger complained the plane was unsafe

2003003-wpcf_728x409.jpg

PHUKET: -- A Moscow-bound flight was temporarily suspended on Sunday after a passenger complained that he felt the plane was unsafe and refused to fly with the plane.

Phuket airport director Mrs Mornrudee Katephan said that flight NWS 2478 of Nordwind Airlines was supposed to leave the airport at 10.35 am but the complaint from the passenger, identified as Alexander Nosov, 25, prompted the captain to alert the control tower and brought the plane back to the parking apron.

All the 369 passengers were asked to leave the plane for the airport’s departure lounge where they were searched by airport security officials. Meanwhile all the luggages were removed from the cargo bay and thoroughly searched by and members of the bomb disposal squad.

No bombs or other dangerous items were found but the search took between 5-6 hours. But officials at the control tower said they would notify the flight captain when the plane was allowed to leave for Moscow.

Meanwhile, Mr Nosov was taken to Tha Chatchai police station for questioning. Police said that the Russian tourist went asleep as soon as he boarded the plane. But when the plane’s doors were shut down, he immediately woke up and shouted that the plane was unsafe, said the police, adding that he had no ill intention to cause trouble.

However, the flight captain has refused to accept Nosov on board and the Russian consular office was notified to look after the tourist.

Latest report said the flight left at 5.28 pm with all the passengers except Mr Nosov.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/155947

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-21

Nordwind plane full of passengers grounded for emergency inspection at Phuket airport after passenger expresses safety concern
Eakkapop Thongtub

1458460963_1.jpg

PHUKET: -- A Phuket-Moscow flight operated by Nordwind Airlines servicing 369 passengers was aborted this morning after a passenger expressed that he did not want to continue on the flight because he felt unsafe.

At approximately 10:35am, Nordwind flight NWS 2478 was grounded at Phuket International Airport (HKT) by its captain, who radioed in for a full flight safety inspection after a passenger, named as 25-year-old Alexandar Nosof [transliteration] commented that he did not want to travel on the plane because he felt unsafe.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/nordwind-plane-grounded-for-emergency-inspection-at-phuket-airport-after-passenger-expresses-safety-concern-56679.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-03-21

Passenger scare delays Russian plane in Thailand
BANGKOK - REUTERS

A Moscow-bound flight with 369 passengers on board was grounded temporarily at Phuket airport in southern Thailand on Sunday after a passenger refused to fly, saying that his presence endangered the aircraft.

The incident comes a day after all 62 people aboard a Flydubai Boeing 737-800 flying from Dubai to southern Russia were killed when their plane crashed on its second attempt to land.

Sunday's Phuket to Moscow flight operated by Russia's Nordwind Airlines was due to depart at 10.35 a.m. local time but the captain asked to suspend the flight because of a passenger incident, Airports of Thailand said in a statement.

Full story: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-thailand-security-airport-idUSKCN0WM0II

reuterslogo.jpg
-- Reuters 2016-03-21

Taking minutes to settle in and sleep before take off, seems a little strange , with all the

movement , noise that goes with boarding the plane,

either had a couple of large sherberts prior,

or the valium kicked in,

Listening to ones inner self, sometimes can pay off,

but in this case i suspect something else was inhibiting

those feelings from forming until the door closed,

If he had bad feelings with out any substance in his system

i feel he would not have gotten on the plane , and saved very one the hassle,

Will his name now have an asterisk next to it for future flights?

Edited by leeneeds

Mr. Nosov prolly woke up from one of those nightmares where you are in a plane which is doing an endless crash, flying low over trees and buildings and roads.....I have those occasionally, luckily not on planes.

Going by the photos, it seems to be a Boeing 777-200....... Wonder why the guy thought it wasn't safe. Triple 7's have an excellent safety record mechanically.

Maybe the guy has some medication or mental issues.

2 possibilities

1 - He had some kind of psychosis and transmitted his panic publicly

2 - He saw something suspicious or wrong and did what any responsible passenger should have; notify the crew.

Of course one has to consider the response from the airline each scenario would generate.....probably the same in both cases?

Some people are still terrified of flying I guess

Had a terrified lady sitting next to me on a recent flight. Bumpy ride, storms, seat belts and no service... she asks me if these things crash very often. I said no, usually only the once.

(Thanks for the opportunity to use that one ukrules)

Edited by andrew55

I do not understand why passengers and bags would be removed if there was nothing wrong except a psychotic passenger.

Either the passenger had genuine reason for concern or he did not.

Would the plane have crashed if he had not given the alert...we will never know.

Despite this Mr Paranoia causing all this upset, Despite the hassle, Despite the long wait for the other passengers...

..I do feel some credit should go out to the airport security staff that DID take a serious angle on this event.

Yes, definitely.

Back in 2011 we were flying from BKK to USM, and just as we started pushing back a few of the cabin crew rushed to the rear of the cabin; after a few minutes the Captain announced that there were three passengers that were feeling ill and were no longer able to fly. They were taken to the rear crew area and we returned to let them off — as they walked the length of the cabin to the front doors the murmurs from the other passengers grew, I turned to see three middle-eastern guys in their early 20's, two sweating profusely, hurriedly leaving the plane.

My prejudices caused me, like nearly everyone else on board, to grow increasingly uneasy while the ground crew searched for and offloaded their baggage; and not long after we pushed back an hour later two young girls stood up and said they weren't willing to fly - specifically stating the threat of a bomb remaining on the aircraft as the reason. So back to offload them, a some others who also chose to not fly, and their luggage...

It was an eerily uneasy flight to Samui, landing nearly two and a half hours later than scheduled, but none of us complained about delay in removing the bags (even though, in hindsight, nothing bad actually occurred).

2 possibilities

1 - He had some kind of psychosis and transmitted his panic publicly

2 - He saw something suspicious or wrong and did what any responsible passenger should have; notify the crew.

Of course one has to consider the response from the airline each scenario would generate.....probably the same in both cases?

ehhh.... you forgot # 3 ..........SNAKES on the plane ...........................

I wonder how he is going to get home? I would not like to fly on a plane with him biggrin.png

Just a sec I will go and check the bus times for Moh Chit to Moscow.

How about train timetables? The website 'Man in Seat 61' is most helpful in this regards!

www.seat61.com

Going by the photos, it seems to be a Boeing 777-200....... Wonder why the guy thought it wasn't safe. Triple 7's have an excellent safety record mechanically.

Careful with that mechanical safety record. Yes mechanical is correct, but ELECTRICAL namely BATTERY FIRES record is not too good.

But I don't think this idiot has no knowledge of this, as another post said "The Valium kicked in" when he woke up.

Valium and alcohol have serious conseqquences with delerium often setting in.

Careful with that mechanical safety record. Yes mechanical is correct, but ELECTRICAL namely BATTERY FIRES record is not too good.

But I don't think this idiot has no knowledge of this, as another post said "The Valium kicked in" when he woke up.

Valium and alcohol have serious conseqquences with delerium often setting in.

The new 787 ie Dreamliner had some Lithium battery fire issues.

The 777 had an issue when transporting batteries as cargo, but that could happen on any aircraft carrying cargo. I think they have now banned airlines from carrying lithium batteries as cargo

Despite this Mr Paranoia causing all this upset, Despite the hassle, Despite the long wait for the other passengers...

..I do feel some credit should go out to the airport security staff that DID take a serious angle on this event.

Yes, definitely.

Back in 2011 we were flying from BKK to USM, and just as we started pushing back a few of the cabin crew rushed to the rear of the cabin; after a few minutes the Captain announced that there were three passengers that were feeling ill and were no longer able to fly. They were taken to the rear crew area and we returned to let them off — as they walked the length of the cabin to the front doors the murmurs from the other passengers grew, I turned to see three middle-eastern guys in their early 20's, two sweating profusely, hurriedly leaving the plane.

My prejudices caused me, like nearly everyone else on board, to grow increasingly uneasy while the ground crew searched for and offloaded their baggage; and not long after we pushed back an hour later two young girls stood up and said they weren't willing to fly - specifically stating the threat of a bomb remaining on the aircraft as the reason. So back to offload them, a some others who also chose to not fly, and their luggage...

It was an eerily uneasy flight to Samui, landing nearly two and a half hours later than scheduled, but none of us complained about delay in removing the bags (even though, in hindsight, nothing bad actually occurred).

Something bad had happened - the triumph of prejudice over reason.

Edited by cumgranosalum