Where to buy a vintage Vespa?

Always a good selection of classic Vespa scooters on thaiscooter dot com. Go to the classified section. The opening page and menu is in English and many of the ads state "Vespa" and the model/priice in English too. But would be a lot easier with a Thai friend to help if you can't read Thai. Lot's of business ads and contacts too. Useful site for classic cars, motorbikes, Lambrettas and Vespas.

If you need parts or upgrades, there used to be an excellent shop in HCMC, cannot remember the name, but a quick search should supply.

Better still bin the Vespa and seek out a Lambretta, drop in a 350 twin barrel and off you go.

In SE Asia, the vintage Vespas are often those made in India - there was some sort of deal with the parent company and I think the original style was made long after they changed the style in Italy. They are also smaller in size than the original Italian version. You might want to check this before you buy.

Always a good selection of classic Vespa scooters on thaiscooter dot com. Go to the classified section. The opening page and menu is in English and many of the ads state "Vespa" and the model/priice in English too. But would be a lot easier with a Thai friend to help if you can't read Thai. Lot's of business ads and contacts too. Useful site for classic cars, motorbikes, Lambrettas and Vespas.

Any kombis

for parts and accessories there is a great shop near the national stadium in bkk,the shop only sells lml stella and star scooters but parts for older scooters are sold.

Can you give a location on Google maps or such ? Would love to visit and see what they got

If you Google that pic then you find starvespa.com in HCMC which is mentioned above. It is priced at 90k bht which is a fair price for a fully restored example.

http://www.starvespa.com/invent042vbcredcherry.htm

The link you provide mentions a UK restoration and a price of 42k bht and a BKK supplier.

One has to wonder why the difference.

Edited by apetley

restored ones are pretty but I am not too sure about how the mechanical work is done ,

I always heard the the ones from Vietnam were pretty beat up ( watch Top Gear ) and only fixed to get them back on the road short term ,

If I had money I would find out where the Vespa club meets and check out the top guys scooters

Vietnamese vespa has a bad reputation in Uk scootering circles,look good but fall apart mechanically.Some people even try and pass them off as vintage Italian vespa on ebay and gumtree..Years ago lml stella and star would have been shunned by many UK scooterists but now viewed as a cheaper reliable Indian version of the old piaggio pxe model.