British girl died of multiple injuries when bouncy castle blown away: autopsy

webfact

British girl died of multiple injuries when bouncy castle blown away: autopsy

HARLOW, Essex: -- A seven-year-old British girl, who died after the bouncy castle she was in was blown away at a fun fair, suffered multiple injuries, a post-mortem examination has shown.

Tributes have been paid to Summer Grant, from Norwich in England, who was seriously injured when the inflatable was apparently swept about 150 metres across a park in Harlow, Essex, on Easter Saturday.

Police said the post-mortem examination established the cause of death as multiple injuries.

Full story: http://www.theage.com.au/world/british-girl-died-of-multiple-injuries-when-bouncy-castle-blown-away-autopsy-20160328-gns842.html

theage.jpg
-- The Age 2016-03-28

In the UK if wind is gusting all bouncy castles are supposed to be deflated.

It would appear money was considered more important than safety.

People running bouncy castles and other entertainment rides have a duty of care.

Owners of this should be prosecuted severely.

Poor little girl, my heart goes out to her parents. R.I.P. sweet little girl.

Edited by colinneil

I'm quite sure that no one will accuse the Health and Safety Executive of being part of the 'nanny state' when they investigate this tragedy. The reality is that we need legislation and agencies with powers to protect us from stupidity or greed.

It never ceases to amaze me the risks some people are prepared to take with other people's lives!

Perhaps fairgrounds should be required to have an anemometer on site and a windspeed level above which rides are not permitted to operate, the level being set by the manufacturer of the ride.

Only in Thailand. Oh no wait

Wait and see how the UK deals with this incident. Guarantee lessons will be learnt, changes will be made and the people responsible will face punishment. Unlike if it had happened in Thailand. That's the big difference. Edited by KunMatt

In the UK if wind is gusting all bouncy castles are supposed to be deflated.

It would appear money was considered more important than safety.

People running bouncy castles and other entertainment rides have a duty of care.

Owners of this should be prosecuted severely.

Poor little girl, my heart goes out to her parents. R.I.P. sweet little girl.

Unlike Thailand rest assured a full health and safety executive response will rapidly be undertaken and the owners will be prosecuted appropriately.

Wait and see how the UK deals with this incident. Guarantee lessons will be learnt, changes will be made and the people responsible will face punishment. Unlike if it had happened in Thailand. That's the big difference.

The UK is a developed economy, so one should have higher expectations. Last time I checked, Thailand was still a developing one. You wouldn't expect, for e.g. the U.S. and India to have the same safety regulations & enforcement.

Wait and see how the UK deals with this incident. Guarantee lessons will be learnt, changes will be made and the people responsible will face punishment. Unlike if it had happened in Thailand. That's the big difference.

The UK is a developed economy, so one should have higher expectations. Last time I checked, Thailand was still a developing one. You wouldn't expect, for e.g. the U.S. and India to have the same safety regulations & enforcement.

So you are saying thay the economic status of a country is the reason for the mindset of how it values other people's life and responsibility of fault? Plenty of developing country's don't have the almost non-existent HSE that Thailand does, nor do they kill 75 people on the roads everyday and do nothing to improve it, nor do they have the safety attitude of "it will be fine" instead of addressing the risk of anything and then doing absolutely nothing when it kills someone nor face any reprocussions.

Let me see if I can find today's "20 people killed in a lone pickup accident" from today's news.

Here we go for today; http://news.thaivisa.com/thailand/bus-crash-in-ayutthaya-leaves-40-thai-and-foreign-passengers-injured/136654/

40 people injured when a lone bus crashes by itself. Does Thailand even have an accident investigation team? If they did they must be extremely busy every day, not that it matters because nothing is ever done to improve the situation or the cause.