Police launch home security campaign for Songkran Holidays

webfact

Police launch home security campaign for Songkran Holidays

se.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 April 2016 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Police (RTP) has launched the 2016 housing security campaign to safeguard the properties of those traveling during the Songkran holidays.

The RTP Deputy Commissioner-General Pol Gen Pongsapat Pongcharoen has officiated the 2016 housing security services, provided during the Songkran holidays, which ensures extra security protection to the houses enrolled in the campaign. Security protection will be provided during 12 April to 18 April 2016.

The campaign will be carried out by police stations nationwide to ensure that travelers' houses and properties are safe during Songkran, enforcing extra security measures along with regular patrol.

House owners will be able to communicate directly with the police through the LINE application, through which they will be regularly notified on the condition of their house from each patrol and safety checks. Due to this campaign, the public will be able to enjoy their travels, knowing that their properties are safe under the supervision of authorities.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-04-04 footer_n.gif

Police doing extra as well as normal?

This will be like leaving your out side light on

while you go out, telling potential B and E

persons your not home,

far better to leave t v or timer connected to

different lights / radio.

Friend of mine took part in a similar scheme a few years ago. His house was burgled and stripped of just about everything including the electrical wiring and even the plastic piping.

The burglars sure seemed to know they had plenty of time to do their stuff.

Tell the police your house is empty and pay a ransom to come back to find your stuff still there.

Oh ye have little faith,

such chest swelling pride putting the uniform on

then to see how light it is to wear,

until the pockets get filled with

ill gotten gains.

An alternative: I have little wifi security cams watching doors and rooms when I'm gone. When they detect motion, they send me an email with pics. WansView (with Pan/Tilt) are cheap and do the job. Can control them via mobile phone.

An alternative: I have little wifi security cams watching doors and rooms when I'm gone. When they detect motion, they send me an email with pics. WansView (with Pan/Tilt) are cheap and do the job. Can control them via mobile phone.

And then I must ask, what exactly do you do while watching your house being pillaged?

I'm really not trying to be a wise-arse here, I ask because I've considered the phone app

and cams and switches but was somewhat stumped to figure out phase two ... what to

do next. I have witnessed the police fail to launch any investigation into a murder with

ample leads. How much do you think might be an appropriate offering to the local

station to have them react to a house robbery? I'm just curious ... honestly (not bashing).

Edited by Dap