Two dead in US train derailment

webfact

Two dead in US train derailment

606x340_328946.jpg?1459697195

Two people are confirmed dead after the derailment of a train in the US.

The Amtrak train came off the tracks near Philadelphia.

The train was travelling between New York and Savannah and is thought to have hit a mechanical digger.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-04-04

I would immadine that outside of Thailand,India and a few other places,The US has one of the most dangerous rail system in AMTRAK.

That's a pretty broad statement. Outside of India, Thailand and a few other places? Actually the U.S. has one of the world's lowest railway accident fatality rates.

I would immadine that outside of Thailand,India and a few other places,The US has one of the most dangerous rail system in AMTRAK.

That's a pretty broad statement. Outside of India, Thailand and a few other places? Actually the U.S. has one of the world's lowest railway accident fatality rates.

Nice try, but here's a link to the top 10 worst train accidents. None of them happened in the US. Europe has two of the top 10.

Nice try, but here's a link to the top 10 worst train accidents. None of them happened in the US. Europe has two of the top 10.

The US has one of the lowest high-speed rail lines in operation. It has only 28 km vs the highest, China, with 19,000 km. No surprise the latter will have a higher rate of accidents.