Thai Police Arrest More than 20,000 Suspected Criminals in One Week

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many police stations in Bangkok?

I don't know, but even if there's 100, that would be 20 arrests per day per station

if theres 200 then 10 arrests per station,

In a city of 10 million people 100 dosen't sound excesive to me

Dosen't sound quite so absurd now,

Thai military deputized as police On 29 March 2016, the NCPO, under a Section 44 order granted to commissioned officers of the Royal Thai Armed Forces broad police powers. Suppress and arrest anyone they suspect of criminal activity without a warrant and detain them secretly at almost any location without charge for up to seven days. Bank accounts can be frozen, and documents and property can be seized. Travel can be banned. Automatic immunity for military personnel has been built into the order, and there is no independent oversight or recourse in the event of abuse. The order came into immediate effect. The net result is that the military will have more power than the police and less oversight.

I believe it!!!! Maybe 20,002.....but YES....I am a believer

anyone watch zeitgeist?

"watch zeitgeist" - can you explain that?

Zeitgeist is a nearly 2 hour film, the ultimate conspiracy film to end all films.

lts in 3 parts,

1) about how religion is a big con job.

2) how 9/11 was an inside job

3) how the banks rule the world & manipulate events such as wars, depressions, value of currency etc.

The finale explains how future populations will be micro chipped.

You may not agree with everything that is said but it is food for thought.

Regards

As a movie title it hgas a CAPITAL letter at the beginning...... zeitgeist the noun is not visible

20,000 arrests......personally, I do not believe one bit of this fantasy.......a very poor attempt to glorify the most corrupt organisation in Thailand.....well...nearly the most corrupt..!

Despite you being a non-believer and lauding that this is a fanciful statement, shouldn't you take into consideration the mathematical implication first before becoming a doubting Thomas? The figure quoted is only 0.0295 percent of the Thai population. Given the RTP is about 230,000 strong, 20,000 equates to about 11.5 persons per copper. Not hard to do at all given they would have a fair idea where the crims were and the warrants were in place.