Surin Beach Photo's Today April 21 2016

glassdude007

The pristine natural beauty of Phuket's beaches and warm welcome to tourists is certainly being well served by the dedicated local public servants!

Next up: speeding through the hi-tech underpasses in affordable public transport directly to the destination you requested on your unicorn hunting application permit.

All the buissness on both sides of the road even the Northern end of the beach All Raised.....

I read in Phuket Newspaper today all the junk will be cleaned up by weeks end then they move to Layan Beach and one other place will be demolished on April 27th...

Wonder where they take all the scrap, metal plastics rubber wood etc?..

Probably to the scrap yard owned by the orbitor who originaly got payed to sign the building permit to buld these places years ago...

Circle of life in Thailand

Im guessing they didnt pull the septic tanks out from the beach club toilets. A little more sewerage seeping into the bay wont make a difference.

Your views on our American cousins have no place in this thread. coffee1.gif

About spit out my coffee that was so funny ! Are you a comedian as that is probably the funniest post I have EVER read.

Without having to ride up and look myself can someone tell me please, the buildings that go to the left when looking at the water upon arrival at the parking lot, do those remain? Thai seafood places, Cefalo Italian, Taste, some French guys put a whole lot of money into The Surin Pool Club, those are all still standing, yes?

Nothing left

What about the buildings to the left when looking at the water, Taste Restaurant, The Pool Club all the way down, those were not razed, correct?

No they are all gone except for Patcharin seafood at the very end

This is what used to be Cefalu/Taste

13015300_1328184557198254_18139547748650

Nothing left

What about the buildings to the left when looking at the water, Taste Restaurant, The Pool Club all the way down, those were not razed, correct?

Last year some French guys poured a whole bunch of money into The Surin Pool Club, where they had loungers a bar, two pools I think.

Man, did those guys waste a lot of money...........

Thanks for the info !

Nothing left

Last year some French guys poured a whole bunch of money into The Surin Pool Club, where they had loungers a bar, two pools I think.

Man, did those guys waste a lot of money...........

Thanks for the info !

Yeah and before that it was the Pearl of Surin. Not to mention Diamond beach club....

Bimi had only be opened for just over 2 years

I have finally driven to Surin beach car park. Sadly my phone was dead so no photos. But my eyes gazed on a view more Syrian than Surin. Devastation.

Rubble and distant lorries shovelling it up. As far as my eyes could see, and it was quite a long way north and south, everything is crushed to dust.

I could not see to the absolute end but places like Catch and Taste are gone. It is awful but it is now like it was many in the 80s.

I feel sorry for tourists arriving who booked a hotel based on a beach with lots of amenities. At the moment, all it is fit for is lying on the beach and waiting for the submarine in Neville Shute's "On the Beach".