onward ticket

drakoanders

Go to AirAsia,com and look around, they run alot of deals. If you're coming on a tourist visa, you might want to get a ticket to Penang or some other place where you can renew your visa. Or you can take a chance that they don't ask to see one. I had an onward ticket to KL when I came over but immigration didn't ask to see it.

I have never been asked to show proof of onward travel

Travelling to Thailand from UK on a one way ticket, without a visa, there is every possibility they will not let you fly.

I work offshore and my outward flight is to my jobsite from thailand, my return flight to thailand is the last leg of my journey, with no onward flight. From Aberdeen via Schipol, I have NEVER been asked for proof of onward travel and I do this six times every year.

I don't want to be refused entry and sent back here. Philippines your supposed to have return ticket and I have never been asked either is it worth taking the risk?

Philippines is an island chain with no land borders. You are right, you will not be able to fly there without onward ticket. From there though is different. I have flown one way from manila to thailand, singapore and malaysia with no onward ticket and never been questioned.

I have never been asked to show proof of onward travel

Travelling to Thailand from UK on a one way ticket, without a visa, there is every possibility they will not let you fly.

Its not Immigration that will scrutinize your one-way tix, it will be the airline you attempt to fly with. Apparently they can be fined up to $20,000usd by authorities of the country they allow a foreign national to fly into without a proper visa or onward tix. Exceptions would be having a proper visa that would reflect the reason for 'living' in Thailand.

I fly back to Canada every year from June-Oct with the wife and kid,we buy our round trip from CM and every year when we check in to leave Canada they ask if I have a visa et..I have a Non-'O'(Fam.visa) and having a kid in tow helps to verify my position. It didn't matter which airline...Cathay.Korean,JAL, they all asked.

In the distant past I have been denied boarding with Air Canada for having a o/w and no visa to Thailand. So it can happen. However, a regional flight (within Asia) maybe more lax.

I did fly o/w to Bombay from London with "no problem", but that was 1988.

Good Luck

I don't want to be refused entry and sent back here. Philippines your supposed to have return ticket and I have never been asked either is it worth taking the risk?

I'd take the risk, ; don't sue me if it goes south though