Multiple Entry Non Imm 'o' Still Available In The Region ?

Hi,

Haven't been on this site for a while (my bad) and I'm struggling to make some sense of the new visa regs.

I have a non-imm 'o' based on marriage issued in Penang last November. I was previously on the marriage extension with 400K in the bank, but let that slide as I was buying a property and didn't want to leave the money sat there. Also, the non "o" has forced me to get my lazy backside out of the country every 90 days, and I've been to some interesting places in the last year that I would not otherwise have seen.

Now, my visa will *expire* towards the end of November, but I will leave in the next few days to squeeze the last 90 days out of it. My problems are due to start next February.

I was assuming next Feb I would return to Penang and grab another "o" multiple entry, which was pretty painless last time. Am I correct in assuming Penang are not issuing this visa any more ? If not is there anywhere nearby I can get one ?

Also, I have just transferred 10K sterling (approx 700,000 baht) from the UK yesterday (before I found all this new info), which will probably hit my Thai account next week. Also, an additional 1.5 mil baht was transferred in May. Could this help my cause in any way ?

I would be happier to grab a multiple "o" somewhere every 15 months, and continue to make long weekend breaks every 90 days, as I have done over the last year.

I would be grateful if someone with knowledge on this subject could offer me any advice on the best way forward.

Many Thanks,

INTJ.

KL and Singapore still seem to be options for the multi entry. As are the home country Consulates in most cases.

But for future you will need to prove 40k family income if you want to obtain one year extensions of stay so keep that in mind for when the thrill of travel is gone. :o

Hi Lop,

Thanks for the quick reply. It was you many moons ago that advised me against letting the marriage extension slip. Advice not heeded and now I am living to regret it.

Is there any need to show proof of funds in KL/Singapore when applying for the non "o" ? And would you anticipate more tightening of the regs in the future, or perhaps a return to easier times (ie Penang issuing multiple entry visas again) ?

Wondering whether to shoot down and grab a multiple entry from Sin/KL now while they're still available, or do a border run and hope by Feb Penang is "back on". Can't understand why Penang would stop the multiples, but KL still issuing.

Cheers,

INTJ.

In theory, could I show 700,000THB has just been transferred from UK (it will probably hit my Thai a/c around the 10th) and get an extension of stay based on that ? My "O" visa runs out on 27th November, but I must leave before 13th.

INTJ.

You don't have that option - will have to be income of 40k per month for extensions of stay. But it would not hurt to try and when there find out exactly what they can accept as "income" and perhaps you can arrange to satisfy them in that way in the future if you decide to change.

In theory, could I show 700,000THB has just been transferred from UK (it will probably hit my Thai a/c around the 10th) and get an extension of stay based on that ? My "O" visa runs out on 27th November, but I must leave before 13th.

INTJ.

Sorry the answer is "no"to the extension inside Thailand. Money in the bank is not one of the criteria unless you were grandfathered in before Oct 1st 2006. ( Meaning you already have a extension of stay based on marriage)

Otherwise you need to just get a one year multi entry visa from the Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country or in KL or Singapore. In most cases, money and certainly no income proof is asked for.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Good luck! From what I saw, anythnig under 1500 - 2000 THB per night is a bargin! My wife and I paid about 3500 per night for a ok hotel through the air asia package deal, and I mean the hotel was just ok..........................Singapore is one expensive city, but apart from hotels, everything else is not to expensive, public transport is dirt cheap and if you eat in a food court you can also find good deals. The accomidation is what will be your biggest expense there.

Hi, I'm confused now. Please help better understanding my problem.

My Non-Imm "O" with multi entry is finish at 11.06.2006, but I go to Penang for new. Bring Bankbook, and paper from Goverment from my monthly tax 46.000.

I write letter and application for Non-Imm "O" multi..... but they give me only Visa (Tourist) TR for 60 days.

Is this the end for us retiered in Thailand? I'm 69 year old and living near Phetchaburi in a small Village.

Where I can become my non-imm "O" multi? Must fly to Germany or sure become in Singapore? In KL I'm not sure...

Can become answer here? Please help...

Thanks

INTJ. If you are over 50 you can apply for a non immigrant o visa here in Thailand, reason for applying Retirement Visa, they only give you a three month one in Thailand though.

If you are under 50 and there is a immigration office easy for you to visit, you never know your luck, you could try and ask for non-imm 'o' based on marriage

I have read information on immigration rules on this and other sites in the past, even though the information is 100% accurate, it doesn’t mean that the individual immigration office – officer will apply the rules in the said way. (For instance it was stated on several internet sites that no more investment visas would be handed out and it was too late to apply from that day, some people did after this announcement and got the said visa with no problems)

My advice to every one if you have a visa that can be grandfathered, RENEW IT EVERY YEAR.

If you are over 50 and can obtain a retirement visa, get it………..

My other piece of advice for anyone doing border runs, don’t wait for the third one before going to get a tourist visa, GET THE TOURIST VISA NOW… As if you have any problems you will have time to put them right. The early bird……………………………..

Hi, I'm confused now. Please help better understanding my problem.

My Non-Imm "O" with multi entry is finish at 11.06.2006, but I go to Penang for new. Bring Bankbook, and paper from Goverment from my monthly tax 46.000.

I write letter and application for Non-Imm "O" multi..... but they give me only Visa (Tourist) TR for 60 days.

Is this the end for us retiered in Thailand? I'm 69 year old and living near Phetchaburi in a small Village.

Where I can become my non-imm "O" multi? Must fly to Germany or sure become in Singapore? In KL I'm not sure...

Can become answer here? Please help...

Thanks

There is an extension of stay for retirement that you receive from immigration which requires 65k monthly pension/income or 800k in bank account or a combination. That is what you should be using for retirement stay. What you received before from Penang was a local policy and is no longer Penang policy. I have not heard of anyone using the show of money (over age 50) at other local consulates so not sure if you will have any luck in the local area with that method.

I got this from the the thread " Double entry tourist visa in Yangon":

>> CobraSnakeNecktie wrote:

>> Did you really get a double? I just tried a week ago and no go. I think unless your passport was

>> very clean you didn't get a double in KL.

It looks like all Asian countries stopped issuing visas with more than one entry (as was announced on another thread), although 2 weeks ago they still did issue them.

I am also totally confused.

Edited by kriswillems