Marshmallow Batter Life, Any good for you?

I have an LG G3 running Marshmallow 6.0, got to say the battery life on it is shocking have to charge it up twice a day, can literally go down 10% in 15/20 mins if Im using it thats just general usage, reply to messages, reading email, looking at FB, nothing heavy.

So Im getting around 2 hrs Screen On time on this device but to be fair the other devices Iv had (Note 3, S4/5) have not been that much better.

Just wondering what others are getting?

Edited by 2008bangkok

I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact and got the Marshmallow update about a week ago. Sony had their own aggressive power management app and I easily got two days, and often three, on a single charge. With Marshmallow, Sony opted to discontinue their own power management and just let Marshmallow take care of it. So far, I've noticed no difference. Still get two to three days out of a full charge.

I have data of some form on all day either wifi or data however i use tasker to turn off data when connected to wifi and change to 2g, also turn off wifi at night and juts have 2g on.

Never will I get a full day, even overnight with nothing running and so called 'doze mode' i still lose 10-12%

Facebook is notorious for eating battery power. Go through your notification settings for all your apps. They often self scan too frequently and that can waste power. Sometimes a cloud back-up service can be sending stuff too frequently. Check your apps and see which are using the most data.

Samsung S6 running marshmallow. All notifications are turned off, all the junk apps have been removed. I turn on data or wifi for the few occasions i use it per day. Otherwise it's a phone for messaging and using a language app.

Battery lasts me 5 days before it gets to 10% and I recharge it.

The missus has an S6, thrashes it all the time and the battery lasts 6 hours maybe. She carries a huge battery backup/recharger that weighs about a kilo so she always has a lifeline.

I feel sorry for the tech guys that designed the new phones and spent millions to shave a few grams off the weight and a few microns off the dimensions, so women can cart around a spare battery that weighs 7 times what the phone weighs.

I'm waiting for Samsung or Apple to finally figure out that what people want is a phone that runs for ages on the available battery. I do believe that in 5 years we will be buying smartphones attached to a suitcase size battery. Back to the future! facepalm.gif

I had an LG G3, you might need a new battery. Same thing happened to me, a new battery solved it. I think they were something like 1500 baht, so I got one from a reputable seller on AliExpress for much less.

Edited by kicking

I had an LG G3, you might need a new battery. Same thing happened to me, a new battery solved it. I think they were something like 1500 baht, so I got one from a reputable seller on AliExpress for much less.

Would a new battery do better than 3 hrs use?

I got about 3-4 hours with the new batteries, that's with the brightness at less than 50% auto.

I got about 3-4 hours with the new batteries, that's with the brightness at less than 50% auto.

Still not brilliant for a phone with 3000 m/ah battery in it.

Thanks