Non O family visa

I fly from Paris to Phuket in a few days. I am 60 years old dual national US and French living in Phuket for 10 years with my Thai wife and our 9 year old daughter. I had a work injury that caused me to have to leave my job on a ship in Europe rather than the US as planned. I booked a one way flight from Paris to Phuket and there is no time to get a non O visa from France with my French passport and no time for sure to get a visa in my US passport. The non O visa in my French passport valid for one year was issued in December 2015 but was a single entry. I left Thailand to go to work in the states in March and now that visa is invalid. I will arrive this time in Thailand with no visa and I am worried that Etihad Airlines may not let me board my flight without a ticket out of Thailand. I will be flying with my family to Los Angeles in July when my daughter finishes school but too late to avoid a visa run. What is the best option for me first to find the cheapest plane ticket out of Thailand just to satisfy Etihad? Then which Thai consulate should I go to in order to get a one year non O family multiple entry visa. I have been to Savanakept before with no problem about 2 years ago with no problem to get the non O multi entry. I have never tried Penang. I do not have enough money in my Thai bank account to meet the 400k baht requirement but my US bank account has more than enough to show funds for one year in Thailand. Which one is better Savanakept or Penang? Is there a 3rd option? How long does it take to do the Penang non O visa? Can I fly from Phuket to Penang on Tuesday and return on Thursday and still have enough time to get my non O visa in my US passport?

Check Air Asia for a one way ticket to Kuala Lumpur. Try different airports in Thailand for the lowest fair you can find.

Unless you can show 400k baht in a Thai bank Penang is not a good option. Savannakhet is the only other location to get a multiple entry non-o visa and financial proof is not required.

You could also extend the 30 day visa exempt entry you will get for 30 days at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht. Then get the multiple entry non-o visa while in the states. The embassy in DC and the consulates in NY. Chicago and LA will accept applications by mail. You could also apply at one of the honorary consulates in person. List of honorary consulates is here:

What about a visa run to Burma from Ranong?

Will that get me at least 2 weeks to hold me over until my LA flight? I just dont like having to go to the immigration office in Phuket.

I found a plane ticket with Air Asia from Phuket to KL for $40. I think that is the cheapest ticket available. That ticket is for June 28 which is 27 days after my entry on Thursday June 2nd. I will never use it.

What about a visa run to Burma from Ranong?

Will that get me at least 2 weeks to hold me over until my LA flight? I just dont like having to go to the immigration office in Phuket.

I found a plane ticket with Air Asia from Phuket to KL for $40. I think that is the cheapest ticket available. That ticket is for June 28 which is 27 days after my entry on Thursday June 2nd. I will never use it.

You do not have to go to the Phuket town immigration office. There is an immigration office on the beach road in Patong.