Outgoing Email Problems

macb

Hi folks:

I use outlook express for my emails, I have my own domain hence I have my own email address I use Yahoo Beta smtp address to send my outgoing mail, but for the last three days yahoo is bouncing mail back a message does not recognise senders email. I do have yahoo and gmail email accounts.

Ant suggestions I have been to my account with yahoo and the my my own email account is verified with them as my primary account ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH pain

Hi,

I was using Yahoo smtp for all my emails account, not working anymore.

They have changed things. Now to be able to use pop and smtp with your yahoo account you have to accept to receive marketing emails from their partners. You set this up accessing your yahoo email account with internet explorer, then going to options or something like that.

BUT then you will be able to use their smtp server ONLY with your Yahoo email account, not with another accounts, even accounts verified with them.

So I tried using Gmail smtp server (I also have an email account with them), but it changed the reply to address to my gmail address, so when sending emails from my account, answers arrived on my gmail account, not good either.

For now I use True's SMTP server (as I get my ADSL with True). It used to be blacklisted, now seems to be ok. As it doesn't verify my password I think anybody can use it, I can PM it to you if you want.

Otherwise I've seen some ads for free to use SMTP servers, but I'm afraid it would collect address that goes through it and sell it for spam.

Good luck.

Hi,

I was using Yahoo smtp for all my emails account, not working anymore.

They have changed things. Now to be able to use pop and smtp with your yahoo account you have to accept to receive marketing emails from their partners. You set this up accessing your yahoo email account with internet explorer, then going to options or something like that.

BUT then you will be able to use their smtp server ONLY with your Yahoo email account, not with another accounts, even accounts verified with them.

So I tried using Gmail smtp server (I also have an email account with them), but it changed the reply to address to my gmail address, so when sending emails from my account, answers arrived on my gmail account, not good either.

If you go into Settings, Accounts in Gmail you can alter the address that your emails apparently come from.