Expired Yoghurt or Milk

NigelKennedy

It does not expire, just changes to another stage. Define stage and help may be on your side.

...ok, without BS, Rimping sells milk that is almost expired for a discount, then get a small Yolida or Bulgaria, throw all together. let it rest for a day, and you have Yoghurt!

Edited by MadMac

No idea about up there, but where I live most supermarket sell near to expired yoghurt @ 50% off, same with milk.......... it is a load of rubbish expired.. it is just a date and I will often buy a few packs myself and is perfectly good for another 10 days.. with yoghurt you can see if the lid is starting to blow, have seen this with the date still good + still For Sale at full price..

"Give your chickens yogurt? Why? First, it's scientific fact that chickens do not have the necessary enzymes in their gut to properly digest dairy. To much can and will give them diarrhea. So, why are you giving your chickens yogurt? You want them to benefit from probiotics like Lactobacillus bulgaricus and Streptococcus thermophilus? You are wasting your time. There is not enough in store bought yogurt to have any benefit for your chickens. However, there is plenty of bad things in there like sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, and artificial colors. You want to give them them some probiotics, then give them some that will actually help them. T You add it to their water source. For those of you who say "I've given my chickens yogurt for 50 years with no problems," keep doing what your doing, but for those of you that want to actually help your chickens, think about using probiotics that are actually for chickens!"

- From the Chicken Whisperer.

Arunsakda...I would rather make my own food for our free range chickens...chicken feed bought in sacks is made up of many controversial ingredients including bone meal,meat meal and feather meal....which are far worse than a little yoghurt...

It's from the "chicken whisperer". I don't know anything about Chickens. The probiotics he claims are added to water, not feed.

I looked it up just to prove this was not a "trole" post as I had once heard about feeding chickens yoghurt.

Chickens are good to have around, eating bugs, even dispatching small reptiles but....OOne of the reason I live in a Chiang Mai

Condo. I'll take the nightclub sounds and airplanes anyway.

Cannot stand the horrid crowing of cocks from O Dark:Thirty, and street noise experience in my ground level days.

Edited by arunsakda

Cannot stand the horrid crowing of cocks from O Dark:Thirty, and street noise experience in my ground level days.

That's why I fall asleep with my bedroom windows closed and the AC running as well as the TV on...... (timer set)

If I'm tired I can sleep while a train runs through my room.... biggrin.png

<deleted> frogs and dogs are more of a nuisance than the chickens.....