Thai Culture Min unveils new short film promoting cultural tourism

webfact

Culture Min unveils new short film promoting cultural tourism

BANGKOK, 7 June 2016 (NNT) – The Ministry of Culture has released a sequel to its short film, Love En Route, highlighting the uniqueness of Thai culture and tourism destinations.

Love En Route 2 was made under the Culture Ministry’s collaboration with the National Federation of Motion Pictures and Contents Associations, with a view to creating a good image of Thailand and increasing the number of foreign visitors.

According to Deputy Permanent Secretary for Culture Wimolluck Chuchat, the latest short film has a length of 7 minutes and builds upon a story of a foreign man and a Thai woman who fall in love with each other while traveling around the country together. The film introduces viewers to the Thai way of life, culture, food as well as tourism destinations, including Yaowarat or Bangkok’s Chinatown, Wat Phumin in Nan province and Koh Lipe in Satun province.

The short film is now available for viewing on the Culture Ministry’s website www.m-culture.go.th as well as YouTube and other online channels.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-06-07 footer_n.gif

When it started I thought it was a stalkers guide to Thailand .

Then I wondered why buy the book when he's got the whole library?

Looking forward to the next chapter when he leaves his job moves to Thailand buys a nice big house and the family moves in and they live happily ever after.

Notice there was no tiger temple in the promo.?

How about also giving us an updated video on Thailand's highly educated and skilled work force? with interesting informations on it's location as the Hub of ASEAN. excellent for Thailand, good job! Go Thailand! Go AEC 2015!

'I live in a place some people call The City of Happiness' (Bangkok), are the opening words of this film. OH, hand me the sick bag, please! Firstly, I have never heard anyone call BKK the 'city of happiness' (and I've lived in Thailand for many years). Secondly, Bangkok certainly is NOT any fabled 'city of happiness'. That is a joke in poor taste. Have the film makers seen the people living in rickety shacks in Klong Toey slum (right next to a university - just to rub in the huge divide between privileged wealth and humiliating poverty)? Have they seen the poor old women - bags of bones - struggling along with their wooden yokes over their shoulders, trying to earn a few bowls of rice? City of happiness, indeed!

Thirdly, the narrator of the film describes BKK as 'peaceful'. What? Constant noise, constant shouting; constant blocking of pavements and motorbikes zooming along them (never mind the pedestrians - they have no rights); frequent mass eruptions of idiots trying to 'shut down BKK', or red-ify it, or militarise it (and the whole nation) or do something else unpleasant to it.

This 'promotional film' is hard to watch beyond these first few seconds, as immediately one sees what a load of truth inversion it spews. I know that any country likes to touch up its image and present its best side to the world; but completely re-defining reality with bare-faced lies is another thing entirely! But then, the hi-so Thais are past-masters at reality reversal. Don't we see such delusion every single day here??

When it started I thought it was a stalkers guide to Thailand .

Then I wondered why buy the book when he's got the whole library?

Looking forward to the next chapter when he leaves his job moves to Thailand buys a nice big house and the family moves in and they live happily ever after.

Notice there was no tiger temple in the promo.?

He might even be moved to take nationality.

Horrible, more like a lakorn without the ladyboys or fighting gals. Never heard Bkk called the city of happiness either, city of Angels yes.

This film is just so cringe-making, so embarrassing in its awfulness. I thought the actors in the Thai TV soap operas were bad enough - but these two make them seem like Oscar material! This promotional film is unbelievable, toe-curlingly childish tat. But then - TAT is appropriately named!

The "foreign" man in this sweet little movie, as you may have noticed, is James Alexander Mackie, a Thai 'actor'. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4330749/

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=james+alexander+mackie&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=585&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiFkKvP_JTNAhXJtY8KHW8eCCIQsAQIGw#imgrc=KjkA9800yNouIM%3A

I am sure every Thai at the Ministry of Culture and the Min of Tourism is very happy with this wonderful image of Thailand.

And for those who cannot get enough of this stuff, :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cq_mMFl9_E

Edited by ratcatcher

Quite interesting that TAT have used a Thai/foreign relationship (thought that would be a no no), I also noticed they weren't wearing life jackets when on that boat trip and she was also wearing a wedding ring.

She also looked surprised when he turned up out of the blue guess she was waiting for guy number 3 not him lol

Another great idea.

Thailand only has beaches. replete with raw sewage pipes and no safety rules. Jet-skies hurtle around the speedboats racing near where people swim, it's all depressingly 3rd-rate.

The rest is scrub like the Australian outback, jungle like Papua New Guinea, roads like Zimbabwe, Buildings like DRC, electrical transmission like Venezuela etc, all of it mismanaged and turned into poorly-publicized 3rd-rate tourist attractions for which they charge foreigners up to 10 times what they charge Thais - they appear to hope nobody will notice the sloppiness and amateurism of it all..

Hardly unique, and don't even get me started on the culture which is uniquely... crap. I'd sooner explore the culture of Bolivia and learn how to wear a silly hat.

W

Edited by Winniedapu

after watching that im all loved up now. to me it didnt show the real everyday thailand its just a love film.

some of the comments were a bit hard. would it make you want to come to Thailand ?

The amount of Thai bashing on ThaiVisa.com, in response to absolutely everything, amazes me. Perhaps this website should rename itself ThaiHaters.com.

Very reasonable. Speaking personally, if I find myself somewhere where I am in fundamental conflict with the others in the same place. I leave.

How about you?

W

The "foreign" man in this sweet little movie, as you may have noticed, is James Alexander Mackie, a Thai 'actor'. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4330749/

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=james+alexander+mackie&sa=X&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=585&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&ved=0ahUKEwiFkKvP_JTNAhXJtY8KHW8eCCIQsAQIGw#imgrc=KjkA9800yNouIM%3A

I am sure every Thai at the Ministry of Culture and the Min of Tourism is very happy with this wonderful image of Thailand.

And for those who cannot get enough of this stuff, :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cq_mMFl9_E

This short film has two versions: 16-minute version and 7-minute version. Hence the Enroute 1 and 2?

http://www.iamwannee.com/love-en-route-a-thai-romantic-short-film/

The amount of Thai bashing on ThaiVisa.com, in response to absolutely everything, amazes me. Perhaps this website should rename itself ThaiHaters.com.

Agreed.

These complaining misfits sound like they are being held here against their will.

Agreed.

These complaining misfits sound like they are being held here against their will.

I had a friend once, a long time ago, who was 50% blind in each eye.

He could see all, just about bugger all, yet, he was convinced that what he could see was all that was there. Some years later, they had given him an operation and he could see about 80% in each eye. We laughed like drains over a few pints, about how he really thought he could see all there was. He confessed he thought he was an arrogant @$$hole in those days. He might have been right, but what could I say? he was a mate.

Those who see more shouldn't scoff at those who see less, and vice-versa.

Capice?

W

I wish that I was a tourist and contemplating holidaying in Thailand.

Unfortunately, I am tainted! I actually live in Thailand and am driven to leave it because of the void of decency, it's poor quality of service, and the ever increasing threats on our safety.

We are not Thai bashing just cos we find a promotional film to be poorly done, they can make good ads but the TAT and govt stuff is usually pathetic. Reminds me of the awful I hate Thailand film from last year. The problem is they think foreigners will lap up sentimental tripe like Thais do, we just find it funny.