Need Help To Configure Microsoft Outlook

Sonic

I'm trying to configure Microsoft Outlook (11.8 SP2) on my computer in my home but am in need of a little help.

I live in an appartment where when I try to access the internet using Explorer, there is a pop up box where I have to enter a username and password. Upon correct entry, it tells me that I am logged in. I can close this box and use the internet freely.

I've installed Outlook and am trying to configure it right now; I can fill in the User Information fields, which is the name I want to appear in emails I send, and my email address.

I can complete the Logon Information which is the username and password to my email.

But I am having problems with the Server Information fields. Incoming Mail Sever (POP3) I think should be the address for my mail sever. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) should be the building's ISP mail server yes? Is this correct?

Is so, here's the problem:

I went online to google how to find my ISP provider and the scan came up with this:

ADSL HuaweiBB Truehisp Infrastructure True internet Co., Ltd. {TRUENET}

Would that mean my SMTP should be something like: mail.true.com or mail.truenet.co.th

Would I need to enter my login details (for me to access internet in my building) somewhere in Outlook?

I asked the people in my appartment building for help and they told me that the internet for my building is provided by a company called Net Bright and their email is by Host Siam. Isn't this a contradiction with my online scan?

I asked if I could view how they configured their own Outlook but they were super suspicious and wouldn't let me see their computer monitors?!!! Seriously!!

I'm not a computer expert and could really need some help and advice here.

Cheers!!!

Edited by Sonic

I'm trying to configure Microsoft Outlook (11.8 SP2) on my computer in my home but am in need of a little help.

I live in an appartment where when I try to access the internet using Explorer, there is a pop up box where I have to enter a username and password. Upon correct entry, it tells me that I am logged in. I can close this box and use the internet freely.

I've installed Outlook and am trying to configure it right now; I can fill in the User Information fields, which is the name I want to appear in emails I send, and my email address.

I can complete the Logon Information which is the username and password to my email.

But I am having problems with the Server Information fields. Incoming Mail Sever (POP3) I think should be the address for my mail sever. Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) should be the building's ISP mail server yes? Is this correct?

Is so, here's the problem:

I went online to google how to find my ISP provider and the scan came up with this:

ADSL HuaweiBB Truehisp Infrastructure True internet Co., Ltd. {TRUENET}

Would that mean my SMTP should be something like: mail.true.com or mail.truenet.co.th

Would I need to enter my login details (for me to access internet in my building) somewhere in Outlook?

I asked the people in my appartment building for help and they told me that the internet for my building is provided by a company called Net Bright and their email is by Host Siam. Isn't this a contradiction with my online scan?

I asked if I could view how they configured their own Outlook but they were super suspicious and wouldn't let me see their computer monitors?!!! Seriously!!

I'm not a computer expert and could really need some help and advice here.

Cheers!!!

Your internet provider, whoever it is, has nothing to do with your e-mail client.

You can connect to internet via any isp and use e-mail service provided by another company.

First you should know what is your email provider. Then, usually POP3 or STMP server would be " mail.(name of e-mail provider).com or net or ....

I see, so the POP3 and STMP should be the same?

When I do this and click the Test account settings button, I get this:

Establish Network connection - Completed

Find outgoing mail server (SMTP) - Failed (Outlook could not connect to outgoing mail server. Pls verify port and SSL info is correct. Prob could be server name or port, or server may not support SSL. Verify port and SSL settings)

Find incoming mail server (POP3) - Completed

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3) - Completed

Send test email message - Failed (server was found but no response from it. pls verify port and SSL info is correct.)

I've no idea what this means though.

Edited by Sonic

I see, so the POP3 and STMP should be the same?

When I do this and click the Test account settings button, I get this:

Find outgoing mail server (SMTP) - Failed (Outlook could not connect to outgoing mail server. Pls verify port and SSL info is correct. Prob could be server name or port, or server may not support SSL. Verify port and SSL settings)

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3) - Completed

Send test email message - Failed (server was found but no response from it. pls verify port and SSL info is correct.)

I've no idea what this means though.

Sonic, I got your problem.

Do this: Tools/E-mail accounts/View../(choose your account)-Change/More Settings/Outgoing Server/ (tick)My outgoing server.../(choose)Use same settings as.../OK

Your outlook should work now.

Try

I keep trying, but the error messages are inconsistant each time I click the Test account settings buttons.

Only these are consistant everytime:

Establish network connection - Completed

Send test email - Failed

Edited by Sonic

This is now what I get when I click the Test Account Settings button:

Find outgoing mail server (SMTP) - Completed

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3) - Failed (server was found but no response from it. pls verify port and SSL info is correct.)

It keeps changing each time I test the account settings. I followed the instructions on your link except I kept the Outgoing Mail Server the same as the Incoming.

Each time, the test results are different with the only consistencies being that it is always able to Establish a Network Connection and is never able to Send a Test Email.

I really appreciate your time and help in this!!!

Dear Sonic

First make sure if your e-mail server is POP3 or not. If yes, have a look at link below:

http://products.secureserver.net/email/email_outlook.htm

True, Sonic.... What kind of mail do you use ? If i read your posts, i think your outgoing mail server (SMTP) has a different name than the incoming. Your mail provider should provide the POP3 and SMTP info.