Metv without employment certificate?

It depends where you apply (and what passport you hold). In the UK it is not possible unless you submit a tax return according to information i was told directly from the consulates . I was however, told differently by a couple of TV posters who said they had first hand experience of getting one or knew people that had. I am from the UK and was planning to apply myself in 2 weeks but i have since decided it will be a waste of time and money for me to travel and apply there.

In other countries it is definitely possible. Germany, NZ and Australia all have confirmed reports of employment letter not being necessary. I have a close friend who got one in New Zealand with no letter of employment (he has a NZ passport). I also read that it may be possible to apply in Australia even if you have a passport from another first world country and are not resident in Australia. I would certainly check this with the embassy/consulate before making travel plans though.

• Like 1

Depends where you come from. In Germany its possible. They told me I just have to show that im in possession of 5000 euro. Be it a statement from parents, statement from bank or even bring them 5k to the office to show.