Thai Girl Embarrasses Me Infront Of My Folks

Farang007

my parents are at my house in phucket. i am playing a video game with my thai girl friend who is uni educated and works in an office. i scored a goal against her in a football game so she threw the controller across the room.

i suppose this was a "thai" moment for her.

how can i explain to my parents that her doing this does not make her a complete idiot, and that things like this are common among thai people for some reason unknown to farang.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my parents are at my house in phucket. i am playing a video game with my thai girl friend who is uni educated and works in an office. i scored a goal against her in a football game so she threw the controller across the room.

how can i explain to my parents that her doing this does not make her a complete idiot, and that things like this are common among thai people for some reason unknown to farang.

Dont know, I mean, that is the kind of thing I would do and im not Thai - maybe yr parents will just realise that she gets a little bit mardy now and then - some people are just like that, crikey I have my moments that for sure. Maybe let her win next time!

You should not have to explain anything to your parents. They will accept her because you love her.

But it sounds like you are offended by her behaviour. Are you? If so you must teach her that such behavior is not acceptable to you. Otherwise ignore it.

Edited by khunyae

I think Khall has it right, she probably needs to grow up.

As for your parents, have they said anything or is this one of those, 'they don't have to say anything moments"?

I'm of the opinion that throwing things across the room in front of your parents is not normal Thai behaviour, and for those who say you should not have to explain/apologise to your parents - why not?

A farang marries a Thai and has to acept the family comes into the marriage, like wise in very many normal western marriages.

We learn almost all of our values from our parents and family, we are, whether we like to admit it or not our parent's children, and it is natural for them to be concerned for us as it is for us to be concerned for them - Thais do not have a manopoly on this (despite what they believe and would tell us).

Throwing things across the room infront of elders and in partucularly a boyfriend's partents.

Absolutely out of order.

did you get to see the expression on your parents faces,

was it priceless

computer rage

seriously as said before explain to the good lady about behaviour in front of elders,

and how would her parents react if you had acted in a similar manner

Oh for goodness sake - is this the extent of your worries!

How would you react if she actually did something really embarrasing!

how can i explain to my parents ...................

You don't have to explain anything....your parents are probably wise people and have seen a thing or 2 in their lives before...

The only thing they wish (for you) is, that you will be happy in your relationship and if they are wise, they will keep their lips sealed :o

LaoPo

and how would her parents react if you had acted in a similar manner

and how would she react if you had acted in a similar manner in front of her parents?

Is the question to ask.

very true guest

if only she knew that i know that she knows that i know, i think :o

This reminds me of a time earlier this year. I came from the Philippines with my GF (Filipino) to stay at an American friend's house in Pattaya for 3 months. His Thai girlfriend of 3 years used to shout at her boyfriend and go on like you wouldn't believe right in front of us as though we were not there.

She was a bargirl with no uni education, but it got me to thinking if this was the Thai way, a bargirl way, or just that girl having some major issues.

In my limited experience in Thailand I've noticed that Thai women seem quite aggressive...but that might just be a bargirl trait.

Edited by tropo

Is the OP and his parents Thai?

No, so what's your point ?

My point is, she is Thai, by any Thai standards her behaviour is unacceptable.

----

Meanwhile, perhaps we should make a note of those who are so dismissive of the feelings of Farang Parents in a Thai/Farang relationship, in order that we can compare their response to farangs who have problems with Thai parents in a Thai/Farang relationship.

Against a number of of Thai manners and Thai sensibilities the girl's behaviour is out of order.

A) Behaviour in front of family of b/f

B ) Behaviour in front of people older than she

C) Expression of emotion in front of people she presumably hardly knows.

So my point is two fold.

1. Her behaviour is out of order

2. There is a double standard being applied here with regards to respect to family. Thai they deserve respect, farang they do not deserve respect.

Make your mind up. Do you want your cake, or shall you eat it?

Mine did that and I sold the PS2 the next day.

That is normal, but wait to see the expression in your parents's faces when "the buffalo village" come to town and shack up at your place. :o

On a serious note, she lost face infront of your parents and now she will be an absolute doll as a way to make up. Enjoy it and abuse it, man!!!! :D

Yet another thread throwing Thai people through the Farang gauntlet.

Of course, my Mother used to scream and shout and have tantrums, so 65 Million other uk citizens must be the same right?

And American women are world renowned for their patience and quiet gentle behaviour........

And Aussie women are all so petite and gentle, never a foul word out of their mouths.

Yep, Thai people really do need Farangs to teach them acceptable behaviour. :D

:o

The Thai girl is only your girlfriend.

It's incidents like these that make you consider whether she would be the right choice as your fiance.

If you think that she would be, then maybe once you are married it will be YOU that she throws....outa the house. :o

Very good view point, though only one sign of bad behaviour, what would she be like if married and having a 50% share holder stake.

Maybe you require a lady with more education

Yet another thread throwing Thai people through the Farang gauntlet.

Of course, my Mother used to scream and shout and have tantrums, so 65 Million other uk citizens must be the same right?

And American women are world renowned for their patience and quiet gentle behaviour........

And Aussie women are all so petite and gentle, never a foul word out of their mouths.

Yep, Thai people really do need Farangs to teach them acceptable behaviour. :D

:D

:o:D

While it may have been unacceptable behaviour by Thai or other standards, everyone can have a bad day. Worry about it if her temper becomes habitually bad, or if she aims her throws at anyone. Right now I think she just goofed, and we all do that.

If she's nervous around your parents, she may be a bit extra jittery. Especially if she gets the vibe from you that her behaviour is under close scrutiny.

Edited by cdnvic

While it may have been unacceptable behaviour by Thai or other standards, everyone can have a bad day. Worry about it if her temper becomes habitually bad, or if she aims her throws at anyone. Right now I think she just goofed, and we all do that.

If she's nervous around your parents, she may be a bit extra jittery. Especially if she gets the vibe from you that her behaviour is under close scrutiny.

:o:D:D tsk tsk tsk tsk....... is that being childish, or no sport spirit...... now u see the controller flew across the room, once married, we ......... heheheh..... might read from u .......pots and pans and plates flying across the room......... quick!!!!! duck........ hahahahah....... :D:D:D