Mariage Visa/wife's Shop.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Problem solved. I went there by myself scream nit noy and prove them that its the thai law and they should give me my rights.and to my wife also.

We're on the way..

shixxx thai :o LOVE THEM!!

I am surprised your approach worked (screaming). May I know in which province you applied for a work permit? In 6 months I need to go through the same process as you.

Yesterday I went to the tax revenu department in Sri Racha. I am a holiday in Thailand now. They claim the income you need to get a 1 visa year extention is turnover or sales, so not net income.

For my wifes business there's an 80% tax deduction (I verified this in the revenu office), so she would need to make a huge turnover to reach the 40,000 baht net income per month. She would need to have a turnover of more than 2 million.

The tax department said that sales (or turnover) of 480,000 baht per year would be sufficient to get the 1 year visa extention. Suntbelt said it should be net income (so the 20% that's left after the deduction)

I am confused.

This is interesting. Does your wifes business has to be VAT registered of can she just be self-employed with a total turnover less than the limit for VAT registration (I believe this 1.2 million baht turnover)?

It is 1.8 million Baht in gross sales before you need to register for Vat.

And while being self-employed can she hire a foreigner husband and provide a working permit for him?

yes

Or does the wife need to start a real company?

not required

The net income of 350K in sales, may the salary of the husband be paid from that (giving a total net income that is lower) or does the shop need to get a net income fron sales of "350K + the income of the husband", leaving a total net income of 350K?

The salary of the the husband can be paid from the 35k in sales.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

This thread is great, imma have to book another meeting next week with Khun Krit in Chiang Mai (Sunbelt) to get this going. (Yes I'm a Sunbelt customer, and proud to support them)

I suppose I would need to get my wife to declare income for this year (2006) before Dec 31st. I just had a couple questions that I will list below. My goal here is not to qualify for the 1 year extension of stay, but rather to obtain 2 work permit for me and a family friend who stay here with us. So my plan is:

- Get my wife registered as a sole proprietor

- Declare a 2006 turnover of 1,050,000 THB (700k for my friend, 350k for me)

- Do this before Dec 31st 2006

- Send my friend to Brisbane in Jan 2007 to obtain a 1 Year Multiple Non-O

- Apply for 2 work permit in Jan 2007 with supporting evidence that 2006 turnover was 1,050,000 THB

Questions:

- I understand that a "shop" has an automatic expense write-off of 70%. But what exactly qualifies a shop? Would an Internet shopping cart selling intangible personal property qualify? (World of Warcraft game currency)

- Is there a list that explains the different categories (activities) for automatic write-off expenses and their percentage?

- Did I miss anything?

Thanks!

Edited by kudroz

This thread is great, imma have to book another meeting next week with Khun Krit in Chiang Mai (Sunbelt) to get this going. (Yes I'm a Sunbelt customer, and proud to support them)

I suppose I would need to get my wife to declare income for this year (2006) before Dec 31st. I just had a couple questions that I will list below. My goal here is not to qualify for the 1 year extension of stay, but rather to obtain 2 work permit for me and a family friend who stay here with us. So my plan is:

- Get my wife registered as a sole proprietor

- Declare a 2006 turnover of 1,050,000 THB (700k for my friend, 350k for me)

- Do this before Dec 31st 2006

- Send my friend to Brisbane in Jan 2007 to obtain a 1 Year Multiple Non-O

- Apply for 2 work permit in Jan 2007 with supporting evidence that 2006 turnover was 1,050,000 THB

Questions:

- I understand that a "shop" has an automatic expense write-off of 70%. But what exactly qualifies a shop? Would an Internet shopping cart selling intangible personal property qualify? (World of Warcraft game currency)

- Is there a list that explains the different categories (activities) for automatic write-off expenses and their percentage?

- Did I miss anything?

Thanks!

I can't tell you the numbers, but not all shops are the same. For my wifes shops (selling attributes for buddhist monks/religion) there's a 80% deduction for a noodle shop Sunbelt explaned earlier there's a 70% deduction.

Thank you.

It is not automatic, It can even be 80% expense write-off

-

Is there a list that explains the different categories (activities) for automatic write-off expenses and their percentage?

Click here....

govern_tax_1__Revised_.xls

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com