22 Mexican drug cartel members 'executed by police' - report

rooster59

22 Mexican drug cartel members 'executed by police' - report

606x341_341679.jpg

One of the worst allegations of abuse by Mexican security forces has been revealed in a damning report by the country’s national human rights commission.

It says about two dozen suspected drug cartel members were executed by federal police officers.

The commission president said police had lied about the incident.

“The investigation confirmed facts that show grave human rights violations attributable to public servants of the federal police,” said Luis Raul Gonzalez. “The excessive use of violence led to the arbitrary death of 22 civilians.”

Gonzalez said that officers moved weapons to manipulate the scene and relocated seven of the bodies.

The National Human Rights Commission said there were also two cases of torture and four more deaths caused by excessive force. It said it could not establish satisfactorily the circumstances of 15 others who were shot to death.

Mexico’s national security commissioner, Renato Sales, who oversees the federal police has denied the accusations.

Mexican authorities have long been implicated in abuses since a drug war began in 2006.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-20

The problem is they probably did it at the behest of another gang. If they were doing it in retaliation for the thousands of police  officers killed by gangs I would have less of an issue with it. Mexican police are not angels or saints. More the flip side of a coin.

3 hours ago, Alive said:

You two should move to Mexico unless this is what you want for Thailand. 

Makes no sense. Mexico used to be a good vacation spot, these days the west coast and many other places there are  too dangerous.

It's  a known and relatively undisputed fact that the Mexican police are  complicit in much of the crime there. I've personally felt what they call "The bite " when police stop gringos for an instant $20 USD donation for some made up traffic offense.  One time at sea , the Mexican water police stopped our yacht for an "inspection"  , boarded and searched the vessel .  It went something like this :  Lead inspector to boat captain : "Senior , that's a nice camera , binoculars , etc , etc " .  Captain : "Ah , well if you like it go ahead take it , sure , we can get another one later " :-)

After the police left  , the seasoned captain explained .  Anything they "admired " means... Give it to them !  I was disgusted, but the captain said forget it ; its better to lose a few hundred dollars in goods than to piss them off , have them seize a 8 million dollar yacht and get your arse reemed every night in a Mexican prison over some phony planted drugs. It was my buddies yacht , but my arse and I concurred that he made the right decision. 

36 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

It's  a known and relatively undisputed fact that the Mexican police are  complicit in much of the crime there. I've personally felt what they call "The bite " when police stop gringos for an instant $20 USD donation for some made up traffic offense.  One time at sea , the Mexican water police stopped our yacht for an "inspection"  , boarded and searched the vessel .  It went something like this :  Lead inspector to boat captain : "Senior , that's a nice camera , binoculars , etc , etc " .  Captain : "Ah , well if you like it go ahead take it , sure , we can get another one later " :-)

After the police left  , the seasoned captain explained .  Anything they "admired " means... Give it to them !  I was disgusted, but the captain said forget it ; its better to lose a few hundred dollars in goods than to piss them off , have them seize a 8 million dollar yacht and get your arse reemed every night in a Mexican prison over some phony planted drugs. It was my buddies yacht , but my arse and I concurred that he made the right decision. 

It  always pays to be careful about what gets shoved up your ass!

6 hours ago, Alive said:

You two should move to Mexico unless this is what you want for Thailand. You must think the Thai police are angels right now.

It could be the flavor of the month here. Make some extreme examples like this and crime would be down by a huge amount. Take some of these corrupt officials blindfold them and put them up against a wall. Bang!! Put on Facebook the war on corruption would be over then and there. Its the slap on the wrist transfers here that mitigate the problem. Its like musical chairs only the number of chairs increase not decrease. 

6 hours ago, Penicillin said:

I'm from West Texas bro.. Go to Juarez If You want to see the most corrupt police on the planet.. Over the Santa Fe bridge are the sorriest human beings alive with a police uniform.. Your right, they take what they want and there is No escape..