Bangkok Tour Itinerary Suggestions Please?

gatekeeperdi

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to give some suggestions of the best way to split up three days of sightseeing in Bangkok, so that I can get to see the following places, allowing us to see them in leisurely way?

I would like to visit The Grand Palace and Wat Phra Kaeo (Temple of Emerald Buddha), Wat Pho (Temple of the Reclining Buddha) and Wat Arun (The Temple of Dawn) in more detail if possible.

I would also like to see Wat Trimit (Temple of the Golden Buddha), Wat Benchamabophit (The Marble Temple) and Wat Saket (The Golden Mount), but if I can only see these last few briefly that would be fine.

I would also like to visit Jim Thompson`s House and the Vimanmek Mansion if time would allow us to.

I will then have another day free to visit Ayutthaya and one more day to visit Kanchanaburi.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

Thanks Di

I think you have already made yourself a good itinerary.

Day One: The first four, in the order you list.

Day Two: The middle three, in the order you list.

Day Three: The final two, in the order you list.

If Day One does not allow you sufficient time at the four stops, revisit your favourite one at the end of Day Three.

I am a long-time resident; if you need detailed information on bus routes connecting the various places, requst it here. There is no need for you to deal with touts, tourguides,or taxi drivers unless you want to.