Non Imm O Income Req.

17 hours ago, elviajero said:

Yes. 

• The USD income needs to be equivalent to a minimum of 40K baht pm.

Would it be OK to show official documents from sources of income at the immigration to prove you fulfil the financial requirements? 

4 minutes ago, micmichd said:

Would it be OK to show official documents from sources of income at the immigration to prove you fulfil the financial requirements? 

Immigration will only accept a document from your home country embassy or consulate to prove your income unless you are legally working here.

Yes. On the US embassy website it states that " The Thai government requires all U.S. citizens with Thai retirement visas to verify their income when they renew their retirement visa annually, " which is misleading since the income affidavit can be used for the retirement extension (which is not a retirement visa) as well as for an extension based on marriage.

While immigration only accept an income certificate (letter) from your embassy - Still take the original supporting documentation with you to immigration. In theory they are not required, but from personal experience I found that (on one occasion only) I was requested to prove my overseas earning with original documentation - This is not a normal situation (and should not happen) - But nothing in Thailand is ever a normal situation.

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration will only accept a document from your home country embassy or consulate to prove your income unless you are legally working here.

Thank you ubonjoe. I get two pensions from Germany, no working permit, and I'm in Pattaya. So, would it be okay to proceed the documents to the German consul in Pattaya and ask him kindly for a confirmation, and then go to the immigration in Jomtien?

Yes, the embesssy income statement is normally accepted, and may be used.

But aleays remember that immigration always reserves the right to ask for "futher clarification" including documents if they so rquire.

But this will seldom happen iin practice.