Alcoholics upcountry

michaelr

I stay upcountry in Isaan with my Thai wife. It's great! I am the king in the village here now.

My wifes brother drank a lot of alcohol everyday and lost the control of the boose.

I went to a Bangkok pharmacy and bought a whole case of medicine for him, similar to Antabuse, but this is a Thai brand called "Alcobuse".

Now the business is on top, more than 30 thai guys in the "mini-hospital" at our house every morning between 07.00-08.00 to get their daily doze of medicine. The word of mouth goes now about the Amazing Farang Alcohol Doctor... The farmer wifes turn in their Thai husbands for treatment here. :o

The charge is Thai price, 20 baht a day per person. My wife makes nearly 600 baht a day in profit a day, and that goes in my Beer Chang account.

More than 12,000 THB per month in profit.

Cheers!

"One Tambon - One Farang"

PS! Farangs welcome for treatment, half price, only 10 baht per day.

• 2 weeks later...
Michael - you have to be kidding.   Disulfiram (Antabuse, Alcobuse) blocks the oxidation of ethanol at the aldehyde phase.  Instead of becoming water, the alcohold remains as a formaldahyde.  If someone chooses to drink while taking antabuse, they can easily die from cardiac arhythmias or respiratory arrest.   You are playing a seriously dangerous game here by practicing medicine or dispensing without a license.   Beware.

Unfortunatly Thais have no self control (Land of the Free where people please themselves), meaning many Thais can't keep themselves from themselves and become alcoholics. Seems to be a serious problem in the villages where people have plenty of time on their hands waiting for rice harvest and the illegal low cow (low baa) is cheap. I refuse to get sucked into it and don't drink before midday and some days don't drink at all. Village headmen seem to unable to avoid it (all those functions/parties/funerals to attend).