Chiang Mai neighbor who complained about Chinese visitors gets a result

webfact

Chiang Mai neighbor who complained about Chinese visitors gets a result

a5.jpg

Image: Thairath

CHIANG MAI: -- The Chiang Mai man who complained that his neighbor was using his house as a hotel for Chinese tour groups look like he has got a result.

The owner of the house has decided to sell up and move out to avoid further trouble, reported Thairath.

But they said they were not running a hotel from the luxury property - the Chinese were all relatives, it was claimed.

The story hit the headlines on Monday when a man posted pictures online on Panthip saying that his neighbors were welcoming tour groups, creating noise and having parties at all times of the day and night.

And he claimed that the Chinese were spitting in the street.

On Tuesday the Chiang Mai tourist police and local officials showed an interest and went to the Karnkanok estate in Doi Saket district.

The owner Mrs Ban--Orn Soh and her lawyer said that all the visitors to the house were relatives of Mrs Soh's husband who is from Hong Kong. 

She admitted it was noisy at times but claims online that they were operating a hotel were all rubbish.

She added that the relatives had been coming to visit regularly since June.

She said that she had decided to sell up and go and live elsewhere to avoid any further trouble.

On Monday the irate neighbor had claimed that other properties in the estate owned by the family had been similarly adapted to receive guests but no mention of this issue was made in Tuesday's reports.

Source: Thairath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-07

27 minutes ago, ksamuiguy said:

Surly they were registered as to their address with Immigration on there landing card !

Yes indeed

SURLY they usually are

(and only happy when their habitat has been entirely carpetted with sputum)

34 minutes ago, DNPBC0 said:

Did the householder file all the necessary TM30 reports?

You make it sound like that is unlikely, or difficult. 

My wife most certainly does with the places she rents out, and the address would be on the visitor's Arrival card, yes.

It's a very basic and easy to meet immigration requirement.

As an aside, all that's missing on any topic on Thaivisa that involves Chinese people are the slurs.  Everything else they'd raise eyebrows about even at KKK gatherings.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

15 minutes ago, andre47 said:

One reason why I never will buy a property in Thailand. You never know what will happen in your neighborhood.

You do, it will be over run with neighbors dogs and loud music booming down the street. Some people will turn their homes into factories, 'restaurants' and metal workshops, then after four years the buildings will start to crack, the services will go down the drain as more people stop paying the service charges then the property will become unsalable , if it ever was to start with as the moo baan declines into a semi slum :( 

Edited by thai3

10 minutes ago, DaddyWarbucks said:

If you're surrounded by members of your extended Thai family it's your neighborhood.

You learn how to deal with problems the Thai way.

Family means everything here.

Your position in the family defines who you are.

Without one you are nobody... farang tao-nahn eng.

Then I like to remain a 'nobody'... :) mai ben rai

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

You do, it will be over run with neighbors dogs and loud music booming down the street. Some people will turn their homes into factories, 'restaurants' and metal workshops, then after four years the buildings will start to crack, the services will go down the drain as more people stop paying the service charges then the property will become unsalable , if it ever was to start with as the moo baan declines into a semi slum :( 

I find your comments to be a broad "over generalization", and completely wrong.  I live in a moo baan less than 2 kilometers from Karnkanok on Hwy 121, and I love it here.  When my Thai wife and I bought our house here almost 9 years ago, there were less than a dozen houses completed.  Now there are 100.  And of those, there are only 2 "falang" families, including mine who have bought houses here.  From time to time there may be 2-4 others who rent on a temporary basis.  The houses range in price from roughly 2 mil baht for a single story, to 3.5 for a 2 story house, so we are a little less expensive than Karnkanok.  

But you know what?  Everyone in here works.  Everyone in here is very polite with their neighbors, and unless there is a wedding or birthday, or it's New Years, by 8:30 - 9:00 at night, even on weekends, it's as quiet as a Church graveyard.  No screaming kids, no "home factories", nothing. 

When I had my stroke, many of our neighbors came with concern to check on me.  Most of the women offered to help my wife clean house and do laundry.  3 of the men took turns cutting our grass once a week.  Many times the brought food.  And all of them refused any payment for their help. 

In January of this year, when I was finally able to ride again, I bought a new CB300f.  As soon as I got it home, 4-5 of the male neighbors came to see it, congratulating me on being able to ride again, and wishing me "many happy trips" on it. 

"Screaming kids"?  Not in here.  There are 4 between the ages of 7-10 who ride their bikes around in the evening, but that's about it.  Dogs?  There are 7 my soi, and guess what?  Their owners keep them in their yards.  When they do let them out, they go out with them and not let them run all around, and after half an hour or so, they put them back in the yards. 

"Home factories"?  Hate to burst your bubble, but they don't exist in here. 

I do my own share of "Thai Bashing" from time to time, usually in regards to their driving habits, but I never paint all Thai with the same brush, as you appear to be doing.  

Personally, I love where I live, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Chiang Mai that I know of. 

I've heard from a few hotel managers and they said the Chinese are very loud. They feel like they can't do anything about it, but they are disgusted. One in Cambodia and one in Bangkok. I overheard the hotel staff, but said nothing. 

I came here with an open mind but so far I think many of the Chinese come here and don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. They won't move when you try and walk down the sidewalk and they will just push you aside if they feel like it. Rude and thats just the way it is!

39 minutes ago, cameraman888 said:

I've heard from a few hotel managers and they said the Chinese are very loud. They feel like they can't do anything about it, but they are disgusted. One in Cambodia and one in Bangkok. I overheard the hotel staff, but said nothing. 

I came here with an open mind but so far I think many of the Chinese come here and don't give a damn about anyone but themselves. They won't move when you try and walk down the sidewalk and they will just push you aside if they feel like it. Rude and thats just the way it is!

My personal experience is very different.   I meet a lot of Chinese families and they not too different from Thai people, especially when it comes to being polite and overall pleasant, respectful and easy-going people.  (No I don't meet group tourists, only independent tourists.  I might agree that group tours (from any country) are more likely to be less well behaved.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

39 minutes ago, cameraman888 said:

and there is no such as queuing for them. 

1 hour ago, Just1Voice said:

I find your comments to be a broad "over generalization", and completely wrong.  I live in a moo baan less than 2 kilometers from Karnkanok on Hwy 121, and I love it here.  When my Thai wife and I bought our house here almost 9 years ago, there were less than a dozen houses completed.  Now there are 100.  And of those, there are only 2 "falang" families, including mine who have bought houses here.  From time to time there may be 2-4 others who rent on a temporary basis.  The houses range in price from roughly 2 mil baht for a single story, to 3.5 for a 2 story house, so we are a little less expensive than Karnkanok.  

But you know what?  Everyone in here works.  Everyone in here is very polite with their neighbors, and unless there is a wedding or birthday, or it's New Years, by 8:30 - 9:00 at night, even on weekends, it's as quiet as a Church graveyard.  No screaming kids, no "home factories", nothing. 

When I had my stroke, many of our neighbors came with concern to check on me.  Most of the women offered to help my wife clean house and do laundry.  3 of the men took turns cutting our grass once a week.  Many times the brought food.  And all of them refused any payment for their help. 

In January of this year, when I was finally able to ride again, I bought a new CB300f.  As soon as I got it home, 4-5 of the male neighbors came to see it, congratulating me on being able to ride again, and wishing me "many happy trips" on it. 

"Screaming kids"?  Not in here.  There are 4 between the ages of 7-10 who ride their bikes around in the evening, but that's about it.  Dogs?  There are 7 my soi, and guess what?  Their owners keep them in their yards.  When they do let them out, they go out with them and not let them run all around, and after half an hour or so, they put them back in the yards. 

"Home factories"?  Hate to burst your bubble, but they don't exist in here. 

I do my own share of "Thai Bashing" from time to time, usually in regards to their driving habits, but I never paint all Thai with the same brush, as you appear to be doing.  

Personally, I love where I live, and wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Chiang Mai that I know of. 

glad you found your corner which you are enjoying immensely. with the community spirit that you have narrated sure it must be a beautiful place in. totally agree with you that all the fingers are not the same.