Coca Cola policies - only one shop per Soi?

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Maybe I'm a wee bit off topic here, but in my experience, the biggest majority of 7-11s have nice cool fridges.

But the fridges in Mom and Pop shops are always turned down and the drinks not chilled, presumably to

save on their electric bills. I never frequent these shops because of this.

In my experience, drinks bought from 7eleven are never cold enough - barely any colder than the aircon in the shop itself.

One of the local shops on my Soi have a the stainless steel fridge mentioned before and often the beer is almost frozen!

But whatever I buy, I usually bring it home and put it in a nice big glass with ice anyhow :)

21 hours ago, MaiDong said:

I'll not worry about my neighbour, we're friends with his family, my friends are his friends, he's just acting like a little boy in the whole saga, he's started to ignore the friends of ours who buy beer from our shop, even though he's known them since childhood, he has even spent many nights moaning about his lazy girlfriend, but when it came to the crunch, they close ranks!

My concern is that we can't get Coke, but what I'm really uncomfortable with is the fact that him and his co-worker have potentially lied on Coke's behalf, in any normal country that could end in a disciplinary for both of them, and possibly the supply to his GF's shop supply of Coke  being cut-off, I just wonder what will happen here, My wife is going to work her way up the chain at the coke call centre on Monday, let's see what happens :)

Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but just remember, this is Thailand and with your being a foreigner you will always come off second best.  What the Coke rep told is not true but even if you happen to get them disciplined, that is the rep and the boyfriend,  how long to you think their/your friends will stay true.  Actually you said it yourself, "They close ranks"

Do you want your life to be sabai de or mai sabai.  If you carry on with your threats then I can assure you it will be the latter.  Just go for Pepsi and other drinks, keep them cold and give good service, you will be surprised at the results. :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

6 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Not trying to tell you how to suck eggs but just remember, this is Thailand and with your being a foreigner you will always come off second best.  What the Coke rep told is not true but even if you happen to get them disciplined, that is the rep and the boyfriend,  how long to you think their/your friends will stay true.

Do you want your life to be sabai de or mai sabai.  If you carry on with your threats then I can assure you it will be the latter.  Just go for Pepsi and other drinks, keep them cold and give good service, you will be surprised at the results. :wai:

I appreciate your advice, but I've been here long enough to understand how things go, and also long enough to have true friends here.

And, as I said above, you should read the thread from the beginning to see who is actually owning and working in this shop. At no point have I insinuated that I'm the owner or staff in my wife's shop.

And just to add to that, I haven't made any threats.

Edited by MaiDong

1 minute ago, NickJ said:

The Cola War......

haha! Hardly though, it's a minor dispute, but perhaps I should have mentioned - for those above who keep on mentioning the foreigner vs. Thai thing - that the shop lady next dooor is from Laos, and doesn't have a work permit, I'm just the foreign husband of the shop owner ;)

Just now, MaiDong said:

In my experience, drinks bought from 7eleven are never cold enough - barely any colder than the aircon in the shop itself.

One of the local shops on my Soi have a the stainless steel fridge mentioned before and often the beer is almost frozen!

But whatever I buy, I usually bring it home and put it in a nice big glass with ice anyhow :)

It maybe depends on what part of Thailand you stay, in my village, the two 7-11s are fine, any one I have been in around the Bangkok area, have also been fine.